Re: [softrock40] Re: KGKSDR build 22 released

  • Duncan Munro
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
      Alberto I2PHD wrote:
      > Duncan Munro wrote:
      >
      >> > OK, any idea when 24 bit will be supported?
      >>
      >>Don't know is the honest answer, as I don't have any hardware here that
      >>provides a 24 bit output through windows.
      >

      > If you have a Delta 44, you can use its ASIO drivers to get 24 bit sampling
      > under Windows. I know for sure, as I have done it for my yet-to-be-released
      > program. I have been told, but I haven't directly tested it, that also with
      > WMME you can get 24 bit sampling using the WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE structure
      > instead of the WAVEFORMATEX normally used with the waveInOpen API.
      > If instead you use DirectX or KernelStreaming, then frankly I don't know.

      Hi Alberto, thanks for the info. I'll probably stick with WMME for now
      because it operates with all soundcards and I'm not suffering from any
      bad side-effects with it other than it wants to present >16bit cards as
      32 bit.

      Re: the Delta 44/66, the 32 bit option works fine and I'm getting the
      full 96kHz/24bit rate from the card here. WAVEFORMATEX doesn't seem to
      understand 24 bits, but it has no problem with 32.

      Good luck with your new software.

      --
      Duncan Munro
      http://www.m0kgk.co.uk/
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
        KD5NWA wrote:

        >Here is something else to consider.
        >
        >The RIT and the CW center frequency do not affect the frequency
        >readout, they should. As you change those two items you are changing
        >what frequency you are tuned to, and the display should reflect that.
        >
        >Every HF radio with Digital display that I have ever seen change the
        >display when RIT is changed to reflect what frequency you are listening to.

        My Icom IC-746 (and probably most of the current Icom stable) does NOT
        change the frequency read out when RIT is engaged. I do have a separate
        indication of the RIT offset on a sub display which is just what you get
        on KGKSDR.
        73

        Norman
        GM4KGK
      • KD5NWA
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
          Sorry to hear that, I guess you have to add the numbers, they aught
          to do better.

          I own Kenwood's and Yaesu's and they add it for you.

          At 04:44 PM 1/2/2006, you wrote:
          >KD5NWA wrote:
          >
          > >Here is something else to consider.
          > >
          > >The RIT and the CW center frequency do not affect the frequency
          > >readout, they should. As you change those two items you are changing
          > >what frequency you are tuned to, and the display should reflect that.
          > >
          > >Every HF radio with Digital display that I have ever seen change the
          > >display when RIT is changed to reflect what frequency you are listening to.
          > >

          >My Icom IC-746 (and probably most of the current Icom stable) does NOT
          >change the frequency read out when RIT is engaged. I do have a separate
          >indication of the RIT offset on a sub display which is just what you get
          >on KGKSDR.
          >73
          >
          >Norman
          >GM4KGK
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

          Cecil Bayona
          KD5NWA
          www.qrpradio.com

          "I fail to see why doing the same thing over and over and getting the
          same results every time is insanity: I've almost proved it isn't;
          only a few more tests now and I'm sure results will differ this time ... "