Re: [softrock40] KGKSDR build 22 released

  • KD5NWA
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
      I have a Delta-44, I though you had one also. An inexpensive one is
      the SB Live 24 it's about $30.

      The authors of FlexSDR, Rocky, and SDRadio software support just
      about any card, you may wish to see how they do it.

      At 01:35 PM 1/2/2006, you wrote:
      >Hi Cecil,
      >
      >KD5NWA wrote:
      > > OK, any idea when 24 bit will be supported?
      >
      >Don't know is the honest answer, as I don't have any hardware here that
      >provides a 24 bit output through windows. What card did you have in mind?
      >
      > > The RIT and the CW center frequency do not affect the frequency
      > > readout, they should. As you change those two items you are changing
      > > what frequency you are tuned to, and the display should reflect that.
      >
      >Changing the CW centre frequency alters the frequency on the display.
      >If you go into Options|Receiver, then the General tab you can watch it
      >in action. Slide the options window away from the main window, you can
      >change the CW centre freq and hit [Apply]. The filter will move, and
      >the frequency will change too. On AM/SSB the frequency display shows
      >the carrier frequency, on CW it shows the frequency of the 'carrier
      >crystal' +/- the filter offset just like a real receiver.
      >
      > > Every HF radio with Digital display that I have ever seen change the
      > > display when RIT is changed to reflect what frequency you are listening to.
      >
      >I'm just changing it now, should go out in the next build.
      >
      >--
      >Duncan Munro
      >http://www.m0kgk.co.uk/

      Cecil Bayona
      KD5NWA
      www.qrpradio.com

      "I fail to see why doing the same thing over and over and getting the
      same results every time is insanity: I've almost proved it isn't;
      only a few more tests now and I'm sure results will differ this time ... "
    • Duncan Munro
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
        Alberto I2PHD wrote:
        > Duncan Munro wrote:
        >
        >> > OK, any idea when 24 bit will be supported?
        >>
        >>Don't know is the honest answer, as I don't have any hardware here that
        >>provides a 24 bit output through windows.
        >

        > If you have a Delta 44, you can use its ASIO drivers to get 24 bit sampling
        > under Windows. I know for sure, as I have done it for my yet-to-be-released
        > program. I have been told, but I haven't directly tested it, that also with
        > WMME you can get 24 bit sampling using the WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE structure
        > instead of the WAVEFORMATEX normally used with the waveInOpen API.
        > If instead you use DirectX or KernelStreaming, then frankly I don't know.

        Hi Alberto, thanks for the info. I'll probably stick with WMME for now
        because it operates with all soundcards and I'm not suffering from any
        bad side-effects with it other than it wants to present >16bit cards as
        32 bit.

        Re: the Delta 44/66, the 32 bit option works fine and I'm getting the
        full 96kHz/24bit rate from the card here. WAVEFORMATEX doesn't seem to
        understand 24 bits, but it has no problem with 32.

        Good luck with your new software.

        --
        Duncan Munro
        http://www.m0kgk.co.uk/
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
          KD5NWA wrote:

          >Here is something else to consider.
          >
          >The RIT and the CW center frequency do not affect the frequency
          >readout, they should. As you change those two items you are changing
          >what frequency you are tuned to, and the display should reflect that.
          >
          >Every HF radio with Digital display that I have ever seen change the
          >display when RIT is changed to reflect what frequency you are listening to.

          My Icom IC-746 (and probably most of the current Icom stable) does NOT
          change the frequency read out when RIT is engaged. I do have a separate
          indication of the RIT offset on a sub display which is just what you get
          on KGKSDR.
          73

          Norman
          GM4KGK
        • KD5NWA
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
            Sorry to hear that, I guess you have to add the numbers, they aught
            to do better.

            I own Kenwood's and Yaesu's and they add it for you.