Re: [softrock40] KGKSDR build 22 released

  • Lee Mairs
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
      >> Every HF radio with Digital display that I have ever seen change the
      >> display when RIT is changed to reflect what frequency you are listening
      >> to.
      >
      > I'm just changing it now, should go out in the next build.

      The frequency displays on my IC 7561A and IC-781 do not change when the
      RIT/XIT is changed. The Frequency Delta is displayed.

      73 de Lee
      KM4YY/8

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
        I have a Delta-44, I though you had one also. An inexpensive one is
        the SB Live 24 it's about $30.

        The authors of FlexSDR, Rocky, and SDRadio software support just
        about any card, you may wish to see how they do it.

        At 01:35 PM 1/2/2006, you wrote:
        >Hi Cecil,
        >
        >KD5NWA wrote:
        > > OK, any idea when 24 bit will be supported?
        >
        >Don't know is the honest answer, as I don't have any hardware here that
        >provides a 24 bit output through windows. What card did you have in mind?
        >
        > > The RIT and the CW center frequency do not affect the frequency
        > > readout, they should. As you change those two items you are changing
        > > what frequency you are tuned to, and the display should reflect that.
        >
        >Changing the CW centre frequency alters the frequency on the display.
        >If you go into Options|Receiver, then the General tab you can watch it
        >in action. Slide the options window away from the main window, you can
        >change the CW centre freq and hit [Apply]. The filter will move, and
        >the frequency will change too. On AM/SSB the frequency display shows
        >the carrier frequency, on CW it shows the frequency of the 'carrier
        >crystal' +/- the filter offset just like a real receiver.
        >
        > > Every HF radio with Digital display that I have ever seen change the
        > > display when RIT is changed to reflect what frequency you are listening to.
        >
        >I'm just changing it now, should go out in the next build.
        >
        >--
        >Duncan Munro
        >http://www.m0kgk.co.uk/

        Cecil Bayona
        KD5NWA
        www.qrpradio.com

        "I fail to see why doing the same thing over and over and getting the
        same results every time is insanity: I've almost proved it isn't;
        only a few more tests now and I'm sure results will differ this time ... "
      • Duncan Munro
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
          Alberto I2PHD wrote:
          > Duncan Munro wrote:
          >
          >> > OK, any idea when 24 bit will be supported?
          >>
          >>Don't know is the honest answer, as I don't have any hardware here that
          >>provides a 24 bit output through windows.
          >

          > If you have a Delta 44, you can use its ASIO drivers to get 24 bit sampling
          > under Windows. I know for sure, as I have done it for my yet-to-be-released
          > program. I have been told, but I haven't directly tested it, that also with
          > WMME you can get 24 bit sampling using the WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE structure
          > instead of the WAVEFORMATEX normally used with the waveInOpen API.
          > If instead you use DirectX or KernelStreaming, then frankly I don't know.

          Hi Alberto, thanks for the info. I'll probably stick with WMME for now
          because it operates with all soundcards and I'm not suffering from any
          bad side-effects with it other than it wants to present >16bit cards as
          32 bit.

          Re: the Delta 44/66, the 32 bit option works fine and I'm getting the
          full 96kHz/24bit rate from the card here. WAVEFORMATEX doesn't seem to
          understand 24 bits, but it has no problem with 32.

          Good luck with your new software.

          --
          Duncan Munro
          http://www.m0kgk.co.uk/
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
            KD5NWA wrote:

            >Here is something else to consider.
            >
            >The RIT and the CW center frequency do not affect the frequency
            >readout, they should. As you change those two items you are changing
            >what frequency you are tuned to, and the display should reflect that.
            >
            >Every HF radio with Digital display that I have ever seen change the
            >display when RIT is changed to reflect what frequency you are listening to.

            My Icom IC-746 (and probably most of the current Icom stable) does NOT
            change the frequency read out when RIT is engaged. I do have a separate
            indication of the RIT offset on a sub display which is just what you get
            on KGKSDR.
            73

            Norman
            GM4KGK
          • KD5NWA
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
              Sorry to hear that, I guess you have to add the numbers, they aught
              to do better.

              I own Kenwood's and Yaesu's and they add it for you.