Re: [softrock40] Re: The Outer Limits

  • Tom Hoflich
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2008
      --- k5nwa <k5nwa@...> wrote:

      > At 10:10 AM 4/1/2008, you wrote:
      >
      > >The expansion connector on the pic32 starter kit is a hirose
      > >FX10A-120P/12-SV1.
      > >It's mating connector is FX10B-120S/12-SV.
      > >Digikey's part # for it is H11238-ND.
      > >
      > >Found on:
      >
      ><http://forum.microchip.com/tm.aspx?m=321571>http://forum.microchip.com/tm.aspx?m=321571
      > >
      > >And also, don't forget to upgrade the pic32 to 80Mhz:
      >
      ><http://forum.microchip.com/tm.aspx?m=318952>http://forum.microchip.com/tm.aspx?m=318952
      >
      > >(there is also official code somewhere on the microchip
      > >site).
      >
      > Too bad Mouser doesn't carry it, I'm not a fan of DigiKey, they
      > charge sales tax (9.5%) even though they don't have an office in my
      >
      > state and city, I tend to think they pocket the money so you end up
      >
      > paying a lot higher prices.
      >
      > I always thought it would be an interesting exercise to contact the
      >
      > revenue office and see if DigiKey is paying them money, if they are
      >
      > not then it's criminal tax fraud, and they don't take kindly with
      > people that withhold their tax revenue. I bought some boards from
      > Altera and they wanted to charge me State sales tax, so I told them
      >
      > that I was going to check with the State Revenue office to make
      > sure
      > they were paying the collected taxes, the same day I received an
      > email from one of their upper level managers that it was a mistake
      > and the tax came off. You wonder how many people were ripped off.
      >

      > Cecil
      > K5NWA

      I think that you are right about sales tax. I have to fight Avnet on
      every order. According to the State of Oklahoma tax website, the
      sales tax for my zip code is 5.4%. They insist on charging me 9%
      which is for town in another county. I think that they use the
      highest tax in each 5 digit zip code. If it is less, they pocket the
      difference.
      If I don't get the difference back, I lose money.
      Maybe, I should suggest that I am contacting the state and see if
      their toon changes.

      Tom KM5H