Antenna input grounded

  • Marsh Parker
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 17, 2005
      I just received my kit yesterday.

      I found that the L1 lead, not the body which goes to gnd, was
      shorted
      to the gnd plane on the bottom side of the board. I used an xacto
      knife to cut the bridge. This was not a solder bridge. I did not
      use
      that pad for fear of a solder bridge to gnd. I used the antenna pad
      instead.

      Check with an ohm meter before installing L1, the larger pad
      (antenna
      input) just above the silk screen that says C21 for no continuity to
      gnd.

      I had several wrong installs of the thru hole parts because I was
      not
      careful to pay good attention to the silk screen and the small
      oriention line between the body of the resistor and it's other lead.

      Good luck,

      Marsh, NC7V
    • Matthew Doherty
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 30, 2013

        I just finished building a 2 week old RXTX. Do I need this or has this been fixed already? Thanks!

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 30, 2013
          Sorry Matthew and Marsh. For some reason Yahoo placed my post to your thread instead of Erik's.

          As far as the mod goes, I'm not sure if FiveDash.com implemented it on a new batch of boards since the fault was originally discovered. Someone here may know.

          73 - John - ZL1AZS
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 30, 2013

            > Sorry Matthew and Marsh. For some reason Yahoo placed my post to your thread instead of Erik's.
            >
            > As far as the mod goes, I'm not sure if FiveDash.com implemented it on a new batch of boards since the fault was originally
            > discovered. Someone here may know.

            To the best of my knowledge my page is up to date.
            One of the boards has been modified, the VHF version.