Re: [softrock40] 192 kbps 24 bit dsp (and codec)

  • Doug Hall
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31 7:48 PM
      I am not a dsPIC user, so I could certainly be wrong about this, but
      it seems to me that running a 16 bit 40 MIPS DSP at a 192 kHz sample
      rate is asking quite a lot. Unless my math is in error it seems that
      you could only execute about 208 instructions between interrupts at
      that sample rate, so I'm not sure you could do any kind of SoftRock
      work with it.

      48 kHz is certainly a useful sample rate when working with SoftRocks,
      and reduces the computational load significantly.

      73,
      Doug K4DSP