192 kbps 24 bit dsp (and codec)

  • catapillarbulldozer
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2008
      Microchip have produced a dsp development system for the dspic
      which uses usb to connect to the host pc ..
      it supposedly can do 24 bit adc .. at 48 ksps (? stereo) .. but to get
      full use with the softrock one probably needs 24 bits/stereo/192 ksps ..
      can anyone suggest a (readily available) combination of adc and dsp
      platform which could do this
      tnx

      de zl1any .. stephen
    • Doug Hall
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2008
        I am not a dsPIC user, so I could certainly be wrong about this, but
        it seems to me that running a 16 bit 40 MIPS DSP at a 192 kHz sample
        rate is asking quite a lot. Unless my math is in error it seems that
        you could only execute about 208 instructions between interrupts at
        that sample rate, so I'm not sure you could do any kind of SoftRock
        work with it.

        48 kHz is certainly a useful sample rate when working with SoftRocks,
        and reduces the computational load significantly.

        73,
        Doug K4DSP