Re: [softrock40] Future Mini Buy

  • Roger Hayter
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 30 11:05 PM
      In message <gwh.47f07606.599e.1e@...>, k5nwa
      <k5nwa@...> writes
      >At 05:54 PM 3/30/2008, you wrote:
      >
      >>Since your email provider refuses to accept mail from at least some of
      >>us, a web form on the site to receive messages might be handy.
      >>--
      >>Roger Hayter
      >
      >The problem isn't that I don't get some peoples email, the problem is
      >that AT&T refuses to talk to their ISP mail server so they never get
      >my direct replies. So I keep sending emails and it never goes
      >through, they bounce back.
      >
      >I have a fix for it though, I can spoof my email address on the
      >site's email facility so it seems it's coming from the K5NWA email
      >address but it really is not, so the mail will go through. I will
      >implement that in a couple of days when I start modifying the site.

      You don't seem to have got my email with my address! Sent by return
      after your email enquiry to me. But I did post it in this forum in case
      you still don't have it. (In reply to your other question - no, AFAIK,
      where is Uppercross??).

      Roger, GW8BFO
    • k5nwa
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 30 11:09 PM
        At 01:05 AM 3/31/2008, you wrote:

        >You don't seem to have got my email with my address! Sent by return
        >after your email enquiry to me. But I did post it in this forum in case
        >you still don't have it. (In reply to your other question - no, AFAIK,
        >where is Uppercross??).
        >
        >73
        >--
        >Roger, GW8BFO

        In Summerset.

        Cecil
        K5NWA
        www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com

      • Roger Hayter
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 31 12:27 AM
          In message <gwh.47f07fce.f85.15@...>, k5nwa
          <k5nwa@...> writes
          >At 01:05 AM 3/31/2008, you wrote:
          >
          >>You don't seem to have got my email with my address! Sent by return
          >>after your email enquiry to me. But I did post it in this forum in case
          >>you still don't have it. (In reply to your other question - no, AFAIK,
          >>where is Uppercross??).
          >>
          >>73
          >>--
          >>Roger, GW8BFO
          >>

          >In Summerset.

          Got it! Actually have RL rels in Somerset, too.
          --
          Roger Hayter
        • k5nwa
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 31 6:19 AM
            At 01:05 AM 3/31/2008, you wrote:
            >You don't seem to have got my email with my address! Sent by return
            >after your email enquiry to me. But I did post it in this forum in case
            >you still don't have it.
            >73
            >--
            >Roger, GW8BFO

            I should have mentioned it but I do have your mail address now.

            Thanks

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 1, 2008
              In message <gwh.47f0e5fc.4071.10@...>, k5nwa
              <k5nwa@...> writes
              >At 01:05 AM 3/31/2008, you wrote:
              >>You don't seem to have got my email with my address! Sent by return
              >>after your email enquiry to me. But I did post it in this forum in case
              >>you still don't have it.
              >>73
              >>--
              >>Roger, GW8BFO
              >
              >I should have mentioned it but I do have your mail address now.
              >
              >Thanks
              >

              >Cecil
              >K5NWA
              >www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com

              Cecil,

              You seem to have a more than 10% loss on your final account for the
              "mini" buy - I hope that does not discourage you from continuing with
              proper margins so it doesn't happen again! Maybe if we buy from you
              again we could throw in a small donation to cover your previous losses,
              its not very feasible to pay 10% of $9 by Paypal!
              --
              Roger GW8BFO
            • k5nwa
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 2, 2008
                At 01:12 AM 4/2/2008, you wrote:

                >You seem to have a more than 10% loss on your final account for the
                >"mini" buy - I hope that does not discourage you from continuing with
                >proper margins so it doesn't happen again! Maybe if we buy from you
                >again we could throw in a small donation to cover your previous losses,
                >its not very feasible to pay 10% of $9 by Paypal!
                >--
                >Roger GW8BFO

                Unaccounted for expenses not counting gas for the car, and unsold
                parts are what is causing it, I need to make up for it on the next
                few buys, and those unsold parts will sell on the next buy, I hope.
                I'm not worried about it at this point.

                I have a better idea on the expenses now so on the next one I should
                be OK, what promises to be great is the new software that is being
                setup to handle a lot of the issues that were a source of grief and a
                speed up of the whole process by quite a bit. My goal is to have the
                parts shipped within 1 business day of the order.

                I learned a lot about the process and hopefully I learned something
                from the experience for the better.

                Cecil
                K5NWA
                www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com

              • Jose Bonanca
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 2, 2008
                  speed up of the whole process by quite a bit. My goal is to have the
                  parts shipped within 1 business day of the order.

                  That is much better and would allow for some people not to be kicked off.

                  73
                  On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 1:49 PM, k5nwa <k5nwa@...> wrote:

                  At 01:12 AM 4/2/2008, you wrote:

                  >You seem to have a more than 10% loss on your final account for the
                  >"mini" buy - I hope that does not discourage you from continuing with
                  >proper margins so it doesn't happen again! Maybe if we buy from you
                  >again we could throw in a small donation to cover your previous losses,
                  >its not very feasible to pay 10% of $9 by Paypal!
                  >--
                  >Roger GW8BFO

                  Unaccounted for expenses not counting gas for the car, and unsold
                  parts are what is causing it, I need to make up for it on the next
                  few buys, and those unsold parts will sell on the next buy, I hope.
                  I'm not worried about it at this point.

                  I have a better idea on the expenses now so on the next one I should
                  be OK, what promises to be great is the new software that is being
                  setup to handle a lot of the issues that were a source of grief and a
                  speed up of the whole process by quite a bit. My goal is to have the
                  parts shipped within 1 business day of the order.

                  I learned a lot about the process and hopefully I learned something
                  from the experience for the better.

                  Cecil
                  K5NWA
                  www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com