Re: [softrock40] SR-40 Software Compiler for free

  • KD5NWA
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
      Someone chose for some reason to use .Net and that is tied to the
      *crappy* OS. Also that software may have not been mature enough for
      serious use when they had to make a decision. Now that it's made it's
      very time consuming to switch.

      Myself I'm a Delphi fan, that is available for Window and
      Linux(Kylix), but not for the Mac which is BSD on Power PC chips.

      At 09:27 PM 10/2/2005, you wrote:
      >On 10/2/05, KD5NWA <KD5NWA@...> wrote:
      > > For those interested, I found the link below to free evaluation
      > > software for the Microsoft C# compiler. It's a large download (289
      > > Megs) and some of the software only works until May 2006, other parts
      > > work for a period of 1 year.
      >
      >There is a Free C# runtime/development environment called mono.
      >
      >http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page
      >
      >It is cross-platform, than tied to a single proprietary *crappy* OS. I
      >wonder why powerSDR developers are not embracing that platform instead
      >of the one from M$ . Spirit of amateur radio is not that of the
      >spirit of propreitary software development.
      >
      >--
      >73 - Ramakrishnan, VU3RDD

      >--

      Cecil Bayona
      KD5NWA
      www.qrpradio.com

      I fail to see why doing the same thing over and over and getting the
      same results every time is insanity: I've almost proved it isn't;
      only a few more tests now and I'm sure results will differ this time ...