SR-40 Software Compiler for free

  • KD5NWA
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
      For those interested, I found the link below to free evaluation
      software for the Microsoft C# compiler. It's a large download (289
      Megs) and some of the software only works until May 2006, other parts
      work for a period of 1 year.

      Maybe some of the developers can chime in and mention as to whether
      it will be useful in re-compiling the software for the SR-40, if not
      it's a free learning tool. The real thing is very expensive, unless
      you buy a student version at a university.

      < http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/vcsharp/default.aspx >

      Enjoy.

      Cecil Bayona
      KD5NWA
      www.qrpradio.com

      I fail to see why doing the same thing over and over and getting the
      same results every time is insanity: I've almost proved it isn't;
      only a few more tests now and I'm sure results will differ this time ...
    • Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
        On 10/2/05, KD5NWA <KD5NWA@...> wrote:
        > For those interested, I found the link below to free evaluation
        > software for the Microsoft C# compiler. It's a large download (289
        > Megs) and some of the software only works until May 2006, other parts
        > work for a period of 1 year.

        There is a Free C# runtime/development environment called mono.

        http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page

        It is cross-platform, than tied to a single proprietary *crappy* OS. I
        wonder why powerSDR developers are not embracing that platform instead
        of the one from M$ . Spirit of amateur radio is not that of the
        spirit of propreitary software development.

        --
        73 - Ramakrishnan, VU3RDD
      • KD5NWA
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
          Someone chose for some reason to use .Net and that is tied to the
          *crappy* OS. Also that software may have not been mature enough for
          serious use when they had to make a decision. Now that it's made it's
          very time consuming to switch.

          Myself I'm a Delphi fan, that is available for Window and
          Linux(Kylix), but not for the Mac which is BSD on Power PC chips.