Re: [softrock40] Mini Buy

  • Don Jackson AE5K
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2008
      k5nwa wrote:

      > Double check to make sure you are there and the quantities are right, I
      > want to order these parts as soon as possible. I will order what I can
      > later tonight.

      Cecil,

      Third time requested (must be a dark hole somewhere):

      please double my quantities shown on your present list posted. Should
      be 4, 4, 2, 20, 4

      Thanks!

      Don AE5K
    • k5nwa
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2008
        At 08:26 PM 3/1/2008, you wrote:

        >k5nwa wrote:
        >
        > > Double check to make sure you are there and the quantities are right, I
        > > want to order these parts as soon as possible. I will order what I can
        > > later tonight.
        >
        >Cecil,
        >
        >Third time requested (must be a dark hole somewhere):
        >
        >please double my quantities shown on your present list posted. Should
        >be 4, 4, 2, 20, 4
        >
        >Thanks!
        >
        >Don AE5K

        Indeed, I just looked at the web site and the figures are as you
        stated, try hitting the refresh button when at the site.

        Cecil
        K5NWA
        www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com

      • k5nwa
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1, 2008
          At 08:26 PM 3/1/2008, you wrote:

          >k5nwa wrote:
          >
          > > Double check to make sure you are there and the quantities are right, I
          > > want to order these parts as soon as possible. I will order what I can
          > > later tonight.
          >
          >Cecil,
          >
          >Third time requested (must be a dark hole somewhere):
          >
          >please double my quantities shown on your present list posted. Should
          >be 4, 4, 2, 20, 4
          >
          >Thanks!
          >
          >Don AE5K

          By the way everyone of your emails directly addressed to me were in
          the SPAM folder.

          Cecil
          K5NWA
          www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com

        • kf4lmz
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 1, 2008
            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, k5nwa <k5nwa@...> wrote:

            > The final list is out there barring some minor corrections;
            > < http://www.softrockradio.org/smallbuy >

            > Double check to make sure you are there and the quantities are
            right

            Hello Cecil,

            I have been trying since Thursday to get this to you. I guess your
            SPAM filter caught me as well.

            If it is not too late, please put me down for the following:

            FIN1002-5M Quantity 2

            74ACT74 SOIC Quantity 6

            74ACT74 DIP Quantity 2

            100 Ohm metal film resistor Quantity 20

            LP2985 LDO 3.3V regulator Quantity 2

            Thanks for your time and effort.

            73,
            Patrick KF4LMZ
          • k5nwa
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 1, 2008
              At 09:34 PM 3/1/2008, you wrote:
              >Hello Cecil,
              >
              >I have been trying since Thursday to get this to you. I guess your
              >SPAM filter caught me as well.
              >
              >If it is not too late, please put me down for the following:
              >
              >FIN1002-5M Quantity 2
              >
              >74ACT74 SOIC Quantity 6
              >
              >74ACT74 DIP Quantity 2
              >
              >100 Ohm metal film resistor Quantity 20
              >
              >LP2985 LDO 3.3V regulator Quantity 2
              >
              >Thanks for your time and effort.
              >
              >73,
              >Patrick KF4LMZ

              I wonder what is going on, most people who write to me stating that
              they don't see their entries or they have not been updated to new
              quantities, but when I look they are in there with the correct
              quantities. But then I hit the refresh button every time I go to the page.

              This page is changing multiple times a day, if you don't refresh your
              browser you will be looking at an old page stored in your PC instead
              of the updated page from my site, that is how browsers work. My
              browser is set to refresh pages older than one hour and even then I
              have to hit the refresh button or I will be looking at old data, most
              browsers the default is 24 hours so you might be looking at a page
              that is a day old.

              I just looked, your call letters and quantities match what you just
              mentioned, so have you refreshed your browser?

              Cecil
              K5NWA
              www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com

            • Robert Koblish
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 1, 2008
                On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 12:31 AM, k5nwa <k5nwa@...> wrote:
                > ... so have you refreshed your browser?

                Cecil,

                I.ve refreshed my browser every time I've looked at the website. Up
                'til just now, it kept showing me status effective the morning of the
                29th, with 771 page views. Now I'm seeing status effective
                03-01-2008 21:30 CST with 833 reads, but I don't see my name or call.
                Are you still working through the spam-filed emails?

                73
                Bob N3HAT
              • N0FY
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 2, 2008

                  Just a little message – I see your updates on your web when I do a refresh – so there does not appear to be any problem on your web – 73, N0FY, Ray

                  ._,___

                • drmail377
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 30, 2008
                    --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, k5nwa <k5nwa@...> wrote:

                    > At 09:34 PM 3/1/2008, you wrote:
                    > >Hello Cecil,
                    > >
                    > >I have been trying since Thursday to get this to you. I guess your
                    > >SPAM filter caught me as well.
                    > >
                    > >If it is not too late, please put me down for the following:
                    > >
                    > >FIN1002-5M Quantity 2
                    > >
                    > >74ACT74 SOIC Quantity 6
                    > >
                    > >74ACT74 DIP Quantity 2
                    > >
                    > >100 Ohm metal film resistor Quantity 20
                    > >
                    > >LP2985 LDO 3.3V regulator Quantity 2
                    > >
                    > >Thanks for your time and effort.
                    > >
                    > >73,
                    > >Patrick KF4LMZ
                    >
                    > I wonder what is going on, most people who write to me stating that
                    > they don't see their entries or they have not been updated to new
                    > quantities, but when I look they are in there with the correct
                    > quantities. But then I hit the refresh button every time I go to the
                    page.

                    > This page is changing multiple times a day, if you don't refresh your
                    > browser you will be looking at an old page stored in your PC instead
                    > of the updated page from my site, that is how browsers work. My
                    > browser is set to refresh pages older than one hour and even then I
                    > have to hit the refresh button or I will be looking at old data, most
                    > browsers the default is 24 hours so you might be looking at a page
                    > that is a day old.
                    >
                    > I just looked, your call letters and quantities match what you just
                    > mentioned, so have you refreshed your browser?
                    >

                    > Cecil
                    > K5NWA
                    > www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com
                    >
                    > "Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light."

                    Hi Cecil,

                    I'm no expert on Web coding and I'm sure others here may provide a
                    better solution; but it seems you can easily ensure your page is newly
                    refreshed when first visited by putting the following meta tag into
                    the header. Set the date to one earlier than present:

                    <META HTTP-EQUIV="expires" CONTENT="Wed, 26 Feb 1997 08:21:57 GMT">

                    How this works is beyond me. It seems counterintuitive, once the page
                    is cached, even if it has expired, it seems to me the cached version
                    would still be used. But others swear buy it.

                    Once a user is at your page, the following tag should make your page
                    automatically refreshed every five seconds. Change the "5" to how many
                    seconds you want:

                    <META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="5" />

                    The latter tag for refresh is reportedly reliable. These tags are
                    standard HTML, if you're using Flash/Coldfusion etc. there are
                    specialized headers for these client-side applications.

                    73's David
                  • drmail377
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 30, 2008
                      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, k5nwa <k5nwa@...> wrote:

                      > At 09:34 PM 3/1/2008, you wrote:
                      > >Hello Cecil,
                      > >
                      > >I have been trying since Thursday to get this to you. I guess your
                      > >SPAM filter caught me as well.
                      > >
                      > >If it is not too late, please put me down for the following:
                      > >
                      > >FIN1002-5M Quantity 2
                      > >
                      > >74ACT74 SOIC Quantity 6
                      > >
                      > >74ACT74 DIP Quantity 2
                      > >
                      > >100 Ohm metal film resistor Quantity 20
                      > >
                      > >LP2985 LDO 3.3V regulator Quantity 2
                      > >
                      > >Thanks for your time and effort.
                      > >
                      > >73,
                      > >Patrick KF4LMZ
                      >
                      > I wonder what is going on, most people who write to me stating that
                      > they don't see their entries or they have not been updated to new
                      > quantities, but when I look they are in there with the correct
                      > quantities. But then I hit the refresh button every time I go to the
                      page.

                      > This page is changing multiple times a day, if you don't refresh your
                      > browser you will be looking at an old page stored in your PC instead
                      > of the updated page from my site, that is how browsers work. My
                      > browser is set to refresh pages older than one hour and even then I
                      > have to hit the refresh button or I will be looking at old data, most
                      > browsers the default is 24 hours so you might be looking at a page
                      > that is a day old.
                      >
                      > I just looked, your call letters and quantities match what you just
                      > mentioned, so have you refreshed your browser?
                      >

                      > Cecil
                      > K5NWA
                      > www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com
                      >
                      > "Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light."

                      Just clicking Refresh may not actually refresh a page in all browsers.
                      Usually (certainly in FireFox), CNTRL+R does a true refresh without
                      using the old cache contents. The cache is updated as well.

                      73,s David
                    • k5nwa
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 30, 2008
                        At 04:03 AM 3/30/2008, you wrote:

                        >Hi Cecil,
                        >
                        >I'm no expert on Web coding and I'm sure others here may provide a
                        >better solution; but it seems you can easily ensure your page is newly
                        >refreshed when first visited by putting the following meta tag into
                        >the header. Set the date to one earlier than present:
                        >
                        ><META HTTP-EQUIV="expires" CONTENT="Wed, 26 Feb 1997 08:21:57 GMT">
                        >
                        >How this works is beyond me. It seems counterintuitive, once the page
                        >is cached, even if it has expired, it seems to me the cached version
                        >would still be used. But others swear buy it.
                        >
                        >Once a user is at your page, the following tag should make your page
                        >automatically refreshed every five seconds. Change the "5" to how many
                        >seconds you want:
                        >
                        ><META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="5" />
                        >
                        >The latter tag for refresh is reportedly reliable. These tags are
                        >standard HTML, if you're using Flash/Coldfusion etc. there are
                        >specialized headers for these client-side applications.
                        >
                        >73's David

                        Thanks for the tip, I will file it and try it later on.

                        I have a backdoor way of fixing it, if I turn off the cache on the
                        server I can then have it set the pages date and time to the instant
                        the person clicks on the page forcing his browser to do a reload
                        since the page's date has change in relation to the browsers cached page.

                        Your patch and mine do essentially a similar thing in trying to fake
                        the pages date and force a reload. This however is not an efficient
                        use of the server's resources since in reality the page has not
                        changed possibly in days.