Mini Buy

  • k5nwa
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2008
      The final list is out there barring some minor corrections;
      http://www.softrockradio.org/smallbuy  >

      There is some good news and some bad news, the good news first;

      I bought some extra parts to take us to the next break so the prices are  a little lower still;

      FIN1002-6M $.462 instead of the small qty price of $.99
      74ACT74 SOIC $.13 instead of the small qty price of $.40
      74ACT74 DIP $.182 instead of the small qty price of $.55
      Resistor $.02 instead of the small qty price of $.035
      LP2985 $.35 instead of the small qty price of $.69

      Now for the bad news some of these items that were in stock when we started this are out of stock and in some cases we exceeded the available quantity, the worst is the LP2985 voltage regulator, it went from 1000 in stock to a 5 week wait.

      I will need to look for an alternative source on a couple of items so it will affect the prices a little bit.

      Double check to make sure you are there and the quantities are right, I want to order these parts as soon as possible. I will order what I can later tonight.

      Again, DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY until I announce it.

      Thanks

      Cecil
      K5NWA
      www.softrockradio.org  www.qrpradio.com

    • Don Jackson AE5K
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2008
        k5nwa wrote:

        > Double check to make sure you are there and the quantities are right, I
        > want to order these parts as soon as possible. I will order what I can
        > later tonight.

        Cecil,

        Third time requested (must be a dark hole somewhere):

        please double my quantities shown on your present list posted. Should
        be 4, 4, 2, 20, 4

        Thanks!

        Don AE5K
      • k5nwa
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1, 2008
          At 08:26 PM 3/1/2008, you wrote:

          >k5nwa wrote:
          >
          > > Double check to make sure you are there and the quantities are right, I
          > > want to order these parts as soon as possible. I will order what I can
          > > later tonight.
          >
          >Cecil,
          >
          >Third time requested (must be a dark hole somewhere):
          >
          >please double my quantities shown on your present list posted. Should
          >be 4, 4, 2, 20, 4
          >
          >Thanks!
          >
          >Don AE5K

          Indeed, I just looked at the web site and the figures are as you
          stated, try hitting the refresh button when at the site.

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 1, 2008
            At 08:26 PM 3/1/2008, you wrote:

            >k5nwa wrote:
            >
            > > Double check to make sure you are there and the quantities are right, I
            > > want to order these parts as soon as possible. I will order what I can
            > > later tonight.
            >
            >Cecil,
            >
            >Third time requested (must be a dark hole somewhere):
            >
            >please double my quantities shown on your present list posted. Should
            >be 4, 4, 2, 20, 4
            >
            >Thanks!
            >
            >Don AE5K

            By the way everyone of your emails directly addressed to me were in
            the SPAM folder.

            Cecil
            K5NWA
            www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com

          • kf4lmz
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 1, 2008
              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, k5nwa <k5nwa@...> wrote:

              > The final list is out there barring some minor corrections;
              > < http://www.softrockradio.org/smallbuy >

              > Double check to make sure you are there and the quantities are
              right

              Hello Cecil,

              I have been trying since Thursday to get this to you. I guess your
              SPAM filter caught me as well.

              If it is not too late, please put me down for the following:

              FIN1002-5M Quantity 2

              74ACT74 SOIC Quantity 6

              74ACT74 DIP Quantity 2

              100 Ohm metal film resistor Quantity 20

              LP2985 LDO 3.3V regulator Quantity 2

              Thanks for your time and effort.

              73,
              Patrick KF4LMZ
            • k5nwa
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 1, 2008
                At 09:34 PM 3/1/2008, you wrote:
                >Hello Cecil,
                >
                >I have been trying since Thursday to get this to you. I guess your
                >SPAM filter caught me as well.
                >
                >If it is not too late, please put me down for the following:
                >
                >FIN1002-5M Quantity 2
                >
                >74ACT74 SOIC Quantity 6
                >
                >74ACT74 DIP Quantity 2
                >
                >100 Ohm metal film resistor Quantity 20
                >
                >LP2985 LDO 3.3V regulator Quantity 2
                >
                >Thanks for your time and effort.
                >
                >73,
                >Patrick KF4LMZ

                I wonder what is going on, most people who write to me stating that
                they don't see their entries or they have not been updated to new
                quantities, but when I look they are in there with the correct
                quantities. But then I hit the refresh button every time I go to the page.

                This page is changing multiple times a day, if you don't refresh your
                browser you will be looking at an old page stored in your PC instead
                of the updated page from my site, that is how browsers work. My
                browser is set to refresh pages older than one hour and even then I
                have to hit the refresh button or I will be looking at old data, most
                browsers the default is 24 hours so you might be looking at a page
                that is a day old.

                I just looked, your call letters and quantities match what you just
                mentioned, so have you refreshed your browser?

                Cecil
                K5NWA
                www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com

              • Robert Koblish
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 1, 2008
                  On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 12:31 AM, k5nwa <k5nwa@...> wrote:
                  > ... so have you refreshed your browser?

                  Cecil,

                  I.ve refreshed my browser every time I've looked at the website. Up
                  'til just now, it kept showing me status effective the morning of the
                  29th, with 771 page views. Now I'm seeing status effective
                  03-01-2008 21:30 CST with 833 reads, but I don't see my name or call.
                  Are you still working through the spam-filed emails?

                  73
                  Bob N3HAT
                • N0FY
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 2, 2008

                    Just a little message – I see your updates on your web when I do a refresh – so there does not appear to be any problem on your web – 73, N0FY, Ray

                    ._,___

                  • drmail377
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 30, 2008
                      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, k5nwa <k5nwa@...> wrote:

                      > At 09:34 PM 3/1/2008, you wrote:
                      > >Hello Cecil,
                      > >
                      > >I have been trying since Thursday to get this to you. I guess your
                      > >SPAM filter caught me as well.
                      > >
                      > >If it is not too late, please put me down for the following:
                      > >
                      > >FIN1002-5M Quantity 2
                      > >
                      > >74ACT74 SOIC Quantity 6
                      > >
                      > >74ACT74 DIP Quantity 2
                      > >
                      > >100 Ohm metal film resistor Quantity 20
                      > >
                      > >LP2985 LDO 3.3V regulator Quantity 2
                      > >
                      > >Thanks for your time and effort.
                      > >
                      > >73,
                      > >Patrick KF4LMZ
                      >
                      > I wonder what is going on, most people who write to me stating that
                      > they don't see their entries or they have not been updated to new
                      > quantities, but when I look they are in there with the correct
                      > quantities. But then I hit the refresh button every time I go to the
                      page.

                      > This page is changing multiple times a day, if you don't refresh your
                      > browser you will be looking at an old page stored in your PC instead
                      > of the updated page from my site, that is how browsers work. My
                      > browser is set to refresh pages older than one hour and even then I
                      > have to hit the refresh button or I will be looking at old data, most
                      > browsers the default is 24 hours so you might be looking at a page
                      > that is a day old.
                      >
                      > I just looked, your call letters and quantities match what you just
                      > mentioned, so have you refreshed your browser?
                      >

                      > Cecil
                      > K5NWA
                      > www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com
                      >
                      > "Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light."

                      Hi Cecil,

                      I'm no expert on Web coding and I'm sure others here may provide a
                      better solution; but it seems you can easily ensure your page is newly
                      refreshed when first visited by putting the following meta tag into
                      the header. Set the date to one earlier than present:

                      <META HTTP-EQUIV="expires" CONTENT="Wed, 26 Feb 1997 08:21:57 GMT">

                      How this works is beyond me. It seems counterintuitive, once the page
                      is cached, even if it has expired, it seems to me the cached version
                      would still be used. But others swear buy it.

                      Once a user is at your page, the following tag should make your page
                      automatically refreshed every five seconds. Change the "5" to how many
                      seconds you want:

                      <META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="5" />

                      The latter tag for refresh is reportedly reliable. These tags are
                      standard HTML, if you're using Flash/Coldfusion etc. there are
                      specialized headers for these client-side applications.

                      73's David
                    • drmail377
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 30, 2008
                        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, k5nwa <k5nwa@...> wrote:

                        > At 09:34 PM 3/1/2008, you wrote:
                        > >Hello Cecil,
                        > >
                        > >I have been trying since Thursday to get this to you. I guess your
                        > >SPAM filter caught me as well.
                        > >
                        > >If it is not too late, please put me down for the following:
                        > >
                        > >FIN1002-5M Quantity 2
                        > >
                        > >74ACT74 SOIC Quantity 6
                        > >
                        > >74ACT74 DIP Quantity 2
                        > >
                        > >100 Ohm metal film resistor Quantity 20
                        > >
                        > >LP2985 LDO 3.3V regulator Quantity 2
                        > >
                        > >Thanks for your time and effort.
                        > >
                        > >73,
                        > >Patrick KF4LMZ
                        >
                        > I wonder what is going on, most people who write to me stating that
                        > they don't see their entries or they have not been updated to new
                        > quantities, but when I look they are in there with the correct
                        > quantities. But then I hit the refresh button every time I go to the
                        page.

                        > This page is changing multiple times a day, if you don't refresh your
                        > browser you will be looking at an old page stored in your PC instead
                        > of the updated page from my site, that is how browsers work. My
                        > browser is set to refresh pages older than one hour and even then I
                        > have to hit the refresh button or I will be looking at old data, most
                        > browsers the default is 24 hours so you might be looking at a page
                        > that is a day old.
                        >
                        > I just looked, your call letters and quantities match what you just
                        > mentioned, so have you refreshed your browser?
                        >

                        > Cecil
                        > K5NWA
                        > www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com
                        >
                        > "Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light."

                        Just clicking Refresh may not actually refresh a page in all browsers.
                        Usually (certainly in FireFox), CNTRL+R does a true refresh without
                        using the old cache contents. The cache is updated as well.

                        73,s David
                      • k5nwa
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 30, 2008
                          At 04:03 AM 3/30/2008, you wrote:

                          >Hi Cecil,
                          >
                          >I'm no expert on Web coding and I'm sure others here may provide a
                          >better solution; but it seems you can easily ensure your page is newly
                          >refreshed when first visited by putting the following meta tag into
                          >the header. Set the date to one earlier than present:
                          >
                          ><META HTTP-EQUIV="expires" CONTENT="Wed, 26 Feb 1997 08:21:57 GMT">
                          >
                          >How this works is beyond me. It seems counterintuitive, once the page
                          >is cached, even if it has expired, it seems to me the cached version
                          >would still be used. But others swear buy it.
                          >
                          >Once a user is at your page, the following tag should make your page
                          >automatically refreshed every five seconds. Change the "5" to how many
                          >seconds you want:
                          >
                          ><META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="5" />
                          >
                          >The latter tag for refresh is reportedly reliable. These tags are
                          >standard HTML, if you're using Flash/Coldfusion etc. there are
                          >specialized headers for these client-side applications.
                          >
                          >73's David

                          Thanks for the tip, I will file it and try it later on.

                          I have a backdoor way of fixing it, if I turn off the cache on the
                          server I can then have it set the pages date and time to the instant
                          the person clicks on the page forcing his browser to do a reload
                          since the page's date has change in relation to the browsers cached page.

                          Your patch and mine do essentially a similar thing in trying to fake
                          the pages date and force a reload. This however is not an efficient
                          use of the server's resources since in reality the page has not
                          changed possibly in days.