Re: [softrock40] Re: High Definition 2.0 audio from Dell

  • Michael St. Angelo
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1 3:00 PM
      Dave,

      I seem to have the same problem nulling the image with my Dell D620 using
      Rocky. It has a Sigma Tel Audio soundcard.. How did you determine that it
      had a sample offset at 192k?

      Thanks,

      Mike N2Ms

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3 1:32 PM
        > I seem to have the same problem nulling the image with my Dell D620
        > using Rocky. It has a Sigma Tel Audio soundcard.. How did you
        > determine that it had a sample offset at 192k?

        My laptop machine has Vista and Rocky doesn't see any sound card, so
        I can't comment on whether or not Rocky is capable of using it at
        192K with another OS like XP. Using KGKSDR Transceiver 1.1 and
        ASIO4ALL I was able to operate it at 48K (ASIO4ALL limited to 48K)
        and do a manual calibration that resulted in a steep phase curve.
        Calculations showed the phase offset to be equivalent to one sample
        time at 192K. I was able to see the same fixed time offset using
        KGKSDR 1.0 Decoder 96K (does not use ASIO4ALL). Unfortunately,
        KGKSDR won't auto null with such high phase offsets.

        Winrad seems to work fine at 192K (although the sound card seems
        silent beyond 96K) and I was able to get reasonable nulling with a one
        sample offset at 192K.

        Dave