Re: [softrock40] Cecil: continuing email issues

  • k5nwa
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2008
      At 12:01 AM 3/1/2008, you wrote:

      Cecil,

      I have also tried to send you a couple of emails in the past two days, and not seen any response via email or on the minibuy webpage. The address I used was (mycall) (at) fuse (dot) net.

      Thanks for what you're doing.

      Regards,
      Bob N3HAT

      Folks, the email address is nice but that is available from your email when you ordered, more importantly I need your full name and mailing address so I can get the parts out.

      Plain and simple your postal mail address not your email, see the example below;

      Cecil Bayona
      503 Betty street
      Springdale, AR. 72762 USA

      Cecil
      K5NWA
      www.softrockradio.org  www.qrpradio.com

    • Don Jackson AE5K
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2008
        k5nwa wrote:
        > At 12:01 AM 3/1/2008, you wrote:
        >
        >> Cecil,
        >>
        >> I have also tried to send you a couple of emails in the past two days,
        >> and not seen any response via email or on the minibuy webpage. The
        >> address I used was (mycall) (at) fuse (dot) net.
        >>
        >> Thanks for what you're doing.
        >>
        >> Regards,
        >> Bob N3HAT
        >

        > Folks, the email address is nice but that is available from your email
        > when you ordered, more importantly I need your full name and mailing
        > address so I can get the parts out.
        >
        > Plain and simple your postal mail address not your email, see the
        > example below;
        >
        > Cecil Bayona
        > 503 Betty street
        > Springdale, AR. 72762 USA
        >

        > Cecil
        > K5NWA
        > www.softrockradio.org <http://www.softrockradio.org/> www.qrpradio.com

        Cecil,

        I sent two emails to your *correct* address yesterday, but see that your
        list was not updated in the revised quantities I requested. The first
        was sent at 5:52am CST and the second at 10:54am CST yesterday.

        Also, part of your email problem with some others is that you HAVE THE
        INCORRECT email address shown with an EXTRA LETTER "L" in "sbcglobal" on
        your website. It is shown as sbcgloblal.

        Regards,
        Don AE5K
      • N0FY
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2008

          What was the error message ?? - I had trouble also and it turned out to be my fault.  I was using an address that was valid for my ISP but not registered with the YAHOO GROUP so it was being rejected by YAHOOs server.   The account used to send the mail must be declared and enabled in the YAHOO GROUP.

          I don’t know if your situation is similar but getting everything setup for the group fixed my issue.

          73, Ray, N0FY

          SKCC # 3704

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 1, 2008
            At 10:55 AM 3/1/2008, you wrote:

            >k5nwa wrote:
            >Cecil,
            >
            >I sent two emails to your *correct* address yesterday, but see that your
            >list was not updated in the revised quantities I requested. The first
            >was sent at 5:52am CST and the second at 10:54am CST yesterday.
            >
            >Also, part of your email problem with some others is that you HAVE THE
            >INCORRECT email address shown with an EXTRA LETTER "L" in "sbcglobal" on
            >your website. It is shown as sbcgloblal.
            >
            >Regards,
            >Don AE5K

            Thanks for the correction, I changed the site. My ISP must be having
            a field day making peoples emails as SPAM, but I will go through them
            and make corrections before ordering the parts.

            I'm headed now to get supplies, I wish I had not got rid on my

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 1, 2008
              At 11:26 AM 3/1/2008, you wrote:

              What was the error message ?? - I had trouble also and it turned out to be my fault.  I was using an address that was valid for my ISP but not registered with the YAHOO GROUP so it was being rejected by YAHOOs server.   The account used to send the mail must be declared and enabled in the YAHOO GROUP.

              Sorry that some have been having problems with the order.

              The email address to this group is correct, but it was pointed out to me that the email address at the web site was incorrect, it has been fixed.

              After I come back from getting padded envelopes I will be going through all my email accounts SPAM folders for any emails I missed.  I will then correct the list for the final time and post it and wait 1 hour or two to hear about any corrections before I order the parts. I will be ordering a few extra parts in case something small was missed.

              I'll be back!

            • mstangelo@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 1, 2008
                Cecil,

                I checked the parts buy list at 1727UTC and noticed my quantities haven't been updated to the follwoing:.

                Mike N2MS:
                (6)    FIN1002-5M,  LVDS to CMOS receiver,
                (20)  74ACT74 SOIC, high speed FlipFlop,
                (10)  74ACT74 DIP, High speed flip flop,
                (100)100 Ohm 1 % 1/4 Watt metal film resistor
                (6)    LP2985 LDO 3.3V regulator, 150 ma, SOT-23 case

                Regards,

                Mike

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 1, 2008
                  --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, k5nwa <k5nwa@...> wrote:

                  > At 11:26 AM 3/1/2008, you wrote:
                  >
                  > >What was the error message ?? - I had trouble also and it turned
                  out
                  > <snip>

                  > Sorry that some have been having problems with the order.
                  >
                  > The email address to this group is correct, but it was pointed out
                  > me that the email address at the web site was incorrect, it has
                  been fixed.

                  > After I come back from getting padded envelopes I will be going
                  > through all my email accounts SPAM folders for any emails I
                  > missed. I will then correct the list for the final time and post
                  it
                  > and wait 1 hour or two to hear about any corrections before I order
                  > the parts. I will be ordering a few extra parts in case something
                  > small was missed.
                  >
                  > I'll be back!
                  >

                  > Cecil
                  > K5NWA
                  > www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com
                  >
                  > "Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light."

                  The error that I had was traced to the extra "l" in the domain name.
                  At least, I think so. I sent a follow-up message to the corrected
                  email address last night, and that one has not been returned.

                  Thank you once again Cecil for doing all this work. Be sure to NOT
                  LOSE MONEY on this project. You are helping us all out, and should
                  be properly compensated for your time and efforts. I'd rather kick
                  in an extra buck or so, in order to make the effort worthwhile to you.

                  Terry