RE: [softrock40] Re: Interference from PC?

  • Stan Rife
    Message 1 of 41 , Sep 18, 2005
      Message
          I don't know too much about all this, but I personally have experienced noise generated from some of the clones I have built in the past. Some of the cheaper Motherboards seem to have this problem. I am running an ASUS MB at this time and have not noticed any noise problems problems, so far. I hope I have similar results to yours, Jim.

      Stan Rife
      W5EWA
      Houston, TX
      K2 S/N 4216

      Message 41 of 41 , Oct 29, 2005
        Rein,

        When I operate on the low bands (40M thru 160M) I have to turn off my
        PC's. In fact I sometimes have had to unplug them completely, as the
        power supply isn't completely off when the On/Off switch is in the Off
        position.

        I found the problem to be caused by the computer's switching power
        supply. In fact I lost a power supply in one of my computers recenly,
        and replaced it with a better grade supply, and then was happy to find
        that the noise from that computer was gone.

        Try unplugging your computer completely and see if that quiets things
        down.

        Bob WA6UFQ