Directional antenna for softrock

  • chongjinyang
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2008
      I want to use a directional antenna with the softrock. How do you
      attach a sense antenna to the softrock? Someone suggested cascading 2
      softrocks together by pulling a wire from the middle hole of JP1
      (master circuit) and connecting it to the middle hole of JP1 of 2nd
      softrock circuit. If this is true, then:

      1) how do we find the direction? does the signal automatically cancels
      out in the hardware or must i use software to process the outputs and
      determine the direction?

      2) how many outputs from the softrocks is expected to go into the
      soundcard?
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2008
        From: "chongjinyang"

        >I want to use a directional antenna with the softrock. How do you
        > attach a sense antenna to the softrock? Someone suggested cascading 2
        > softrocks together by pulling a wire from the middle hole of JP1
        > (master circuit) and connecting it to the middle hole of JP1 of 2nd
        > softrock circuit.

        This sounds complicated.
        There are designs for small, amplified, loop with a sense antenna that would
        just connect directly to a Softrock. The one I have seen recently was in the
        September 2007 edition of "Practical Wireless" that is sold in the UK.