RXTX v6.2 40/30m Receive

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2008
      I'm trouble shooting a receive issue on the 6.2. The 40M side works
      perfectly, however, I have no 30 M activity shown on the display and no
      sinal spike other that the center. Starting to think the 30M crystal
      may not be working properly. I've check the crystal and jumper pin
      solder connection they are all OK. Any ideas or recommended options for
      further trouble shooting? Many thanks and 73. Joe - KC0TZE
    • Todd Mondragon
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2008
        I used my frequency counter and a scope probe to check the output at the
        oscillator section to verify oscillation at the specified frequency.
        Worked for me.

        Could also use a scope to look for the since wave. Did that too.

        Todd de KV1M

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2008
          Todd - thanks for the help. I did as you suggested with the freq
          counter and found the crystals were both oscillation on the proper
          freqs. Now I'm wonder why I have no receiver sensitivity on 30 but
          do on 40. Could this be due to the antenna being a tuned 40 M
          vertical? I checked the antenna SWR and impedance at the 30M center
          freq and SWR was off the scale high and impedance was about 22 ohms.
          Could this antenna mismatch be the cause of no sensitivity on 30?
          I'll try tuning the antenna for 30 M and check Rx performance, once
          the snow stops falling, HI. Appreciate your assistance, 73. Joe -
          KC0TZE

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Todd Mondragon
          <todd.mondragon@...> wrote:

          > I used my frequency counter and a scope probe to check the output
          at the
          > oscillator section to verify oscillation at the specified
          frequency.
          > Worked for me.
          >
          > Could also use a scope to look for the since wave. Did that too.
          >
          > Todd de KV1M
          >
          > Joe wrote:
          > >

          > > I'm trouble shooting a receive issue on the 6.2. The 40M side
          works
          > > perfectly, however, I have no 30 M activity shown on the display
          and no
          > > sinal spike other that the center. Starting to think the 30M
          crystal
          > > may not be working properly. I've check the crystal and jumper pin
          > > solder connection they are all OK. Any ideas or recommended
          options for
          > > further trouble shooting? Many thanks and 73. Joe - KC0TZE

          2/2/2008 1:50 PM