Re: [softrock40] Re: Sample IQ file

  • Bill Dumke
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
      Alex,

      Windows Media Player wasn't running, at least not visibly.  But previously I did have it open when I was looking at the file.  I will check the task manager and see if it is still running in there, after I get the M-Audio driver reinstalled.

      What started all of this was the sampling rate selected in the M-Audio Delta 44 driver kept defaulting back to a  much slower speed every time I opened it.  (Probably because the Windows Media Player had grabbed the card as you said.)  So I thought the new driver was corrupted.  But I didn't remember I had to pull the card first before reinstalling an older driver.  (BTW the older drivers for the Delta 44 are available on the same web page.  You have to select the option to view the older drivers.)  When I get time today I will get that fixed.

      Thanks,

      73 Bill WA9PWR

      Alex, VE3NEA wrote:
      Bill,

      You just have to close Media Player before you start Rocky, no need to
      uninstall it.

      73 Alex VE3NEA

      I think you are right.  Do you have a suggestion for preventing Windows
      Media Player from doing this, or do I have to uninstall Windows Media
      Player and leave it uninstalled?

      Bill wa9pwr

      Alex, VE3NEA wrote:

      Hi Bill,

      This error is returned by the audio driver when the program tries to open
      the soundcard. If this card works fine with the receiver and when playing
      other I/Q files, then perhaps you have another application running that
      does
      not allow Rocky to use the device. Windows Media Player is the prime
      suspect, it locks the soundcard even when it is idle.

      73 Alex VE3NEA

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
        Alex,

        I got the Delta 44 sound card working fine with Rocky 3.32 and one of my RXTX's.  Receiving signals fine on 40 meters. Apparently there is quite a contest going on right now.  But when I try to open the "CQWWCW_2005_1_of_42.wav" file I still get the "Unknown Error 265".  The machine has been rebooted several times since I had the Windows Media Player up, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

        Any other ideas?

        Bill wa9pwr

        Alex, VE3NEA wrote:

[...]

      • Alex, VE3NEA
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
          Maybe the file is corrupt? Check the file size, it should be 50,331,894
          bytes.

          73 Alex VE3NEA

          > I got the Delta 44 sound card working fine with Rocky 3.32 and one of my
          > RXTX's. Receiving signals fine on 40 meters. Apparently there is quite a
          > contest going on right now. But when I try to open the
          > "CQWWCW_2005_1_of_42.wav" file I still get the "Unknown Error 265". The
          > machine has been rebooted several times since I had the Windows Media
          > Player up, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.
          >
          > Any other ideas?
          >
          > Bill wa9pwr
        • Bill Dumke