Re: [softrock40] Sample IQ file

  • Kaj Wiik
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
      Hi!

      > Is there any available much smaller file that will help me to try
      > Rockey? I prefer voice but CW is OK as well.
      See
      http://cid-e39b59612b664f63.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Public

      Cheers,
      Kaj OH6EH
    • Tracy Fort
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
        It is big. Somebody posted a link to a website. I downlaoded it from there
        but the file would not run. So I'm doing the peer to peer thing.

        Thanks,

        Tracy Fort
        AJ4AC

        I started to download the CW sample file of 1.94 Gb. It might take me a
        whole week to download it.

        Is there any available much smaller file that will help me to try Rockey? I
        prefer voice but CW is OK as well.

        Many thanks

        Avner 4X1GE

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        8:30 PM

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        8:30 PM
      • a.drory
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
          Hi Kaj

          Thanks for the 3 files. One of them is working great but for the other two (FJ_OH2AM) I get meseege of: " Invalid Sample rate: 2400Hz".

          I wonder what is the meaning of it. Can you help?

          73

          Avner 4X1GE

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Kaj Wiik" <kaj.wiik@...> wrote:

          > Hi!
          >
          > > Is there any available much smaller file that will help me to try
          > > Rockey? I prefer voice but CW is OK as well.
          > See
          > http://cid-e39b59612b664f63.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Public
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Kaj OH6EH

        • Kaj Wiik
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
            Hi,

            2008/2/2, a.drory <adrory@...>:

            > Thanks for the 3 files. One of them is working great but for the other two (FJ_OH2AM) I get meseege of: " Invalid Sample rate: 2400Hz".

            The files are from Alex VE3NEA (the author of Rocky), I was only aware
            of the CQWW sample. As I have only tested Rocky briefly using
            VirtualBox in Linux, I cannot give you an answer. Obviously, I would
            look if there is a way to adjust the sample rate..

            The files themselves seem to be OK when played through a normal
            player, what a pileup!

            73,
            Kaj OH6EH
          • Alex, VE3NEA
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
              Hi Avner,

              Rocky can play back the I/Q files recorded at 48 and 96 kHz, it does not
              support the 24 kHz sampling rate. The other two files are not for Rocky,
              they are for my new shareware program CW Skimmer
              (http://www.dxatlas.com/CwSkimmer).

              73 Alex VE3NEA

              Thanks for the 3 files. One of them is working great but for the other
              two (FJ_OH2AM) I get meseege of: " Invalid Sample rate: 2400Hz".

              I wonder what is the meaning of it. Can you help?

              73

              Avner 4X1GE
            • Bill Dumke
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                Alex,

                I tried CQWWCW_2005_1_of_42.wav, but I get "Unknown Error 265" in Rocky
                3.32 at 96 kHz sampling. However, it plays OK in Windows Media Player,
                at least I can see the signals in the display.

                Bill wa9pwr

                Alex, VE3NEA wrote:
                > Hi Avner,
                >
                > Rocky can play back the I/Q files recorded at 48 and 96 kHz, it does not
                > support the 24 kHz sampling rate. The other two files are not for Rocky,
                > they are for my new shareware program CW Skimmer
                > (http://www.dxatlas.com/CwSkimmer).
                >
                > 73 Alex VE3NEA

              • Alex, VE3NEA
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                  Hi Bill,

                  This error is returned by the audio driver when the program tries to open
                  the soundcard. If this card works fine with the receiver and when playing
                  other I/Q files, then perhaps you have another application running that does
                  not allow Rocky to use the device. Windows Media Player is the prime
                  suspect, it locks the soundcard even when it is idle.

                  73 Alex VE3NEA

                  > I tried CQWWCW_2005_1_of_42.wav, but I get "Unknown Error 265" in Rocky
                  > 3.32 at 96 kHz sampling. However, it plays OK in Windows Media Player,
                  > at least I can see the signals in the display.
                  >
                  > Bill wa9pwr

                • Bill Dumke
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                    I think you are right.  Do you have a suggestion for preventing Windows Media Player from doing this, or do I have to uninstall Windows Media Player and leave it uninstalled?

                    Bill wa9pwr

                    Alex, VE3NEA wrote:
                    Hi Bill,

                    This error is returned by the audio driver when the program tries to open
                    the soundcard. If this card works fine with the receiver and when playing
                    other I/Q files, then perhaps you have another application running that does
                    not allow Rocky to use the device. Windows Media Player is the prime
                    suspect, it locks the soundcard even when it is idle.

                    73 Alex VE3NEA

                    I tried CQWWCW_2005_1_of_42.wav, but I get "Unknown Error 265" in Rocky
                    3.32 at 96 kHz sampling.  However, it plays OK in Windows Media Player,
                    at least I can see the signals in the display.

                    Bill wa9pwr

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    <*> Your email settings:
                        Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                    <*> To change settings via email:
                        mailto:softrock40-digest@yahoogroups.com
                        mailto:softrock40-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  • Alex, VE3NEA
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                      Bill,

                      You just have to close Media Player before you start Rocky, no need to
                      uninstall it.

                      73 Alex VE3NEA

                      >I think you are right. Do you have a suggestion for preventing Windows
                      >Media Player from doing this, or do I have to uninstall Windows Media
                      >Player and leave it uninstalled?
                      >
                      > Bill wa9pwr
                      >
                      > Alex, VE3NEA wrote:
                      >
                      > Hi Bill,
                      >
                      > This error is returned by the audio driver when the program tries to open
                      > the soundcard. If this card works fine with the receiver and when playing
                      > other I/Q files, then perhaps you have another application running that
                      > does
                      > not allow Rocky to use the device. Windows Media Player is the prime
                      > suspect, it locks the soundcard even when it is idle.
                      >
                      > 73 Alex VE3NEA

                    • Bill Dumke
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                        Alex,

                        Windows Media Player wasn't running, at least not visibly.  But previously I did have it open when I was looking at the file.  I will check the task manager and see if it is still running in there, after I get the M-Audio driver reinstalled.

                        What started all of this was the sampling rate selected in the M-Audio Delta 44 driver kept defaulting back to a  much slower speed every time I opened it.  (Probably because the Windows Media Player had grabbed the card as you said.)  So I thought the new driver was corrupted.  But I didn't remember I had to pull the card first before reinstalling an older driver.  (BTW the older drivers for the Delta 44 are available on the same web page.  You have to select the option to view the older drivers.)  When I get time today I will get that fixed.

                        Thanks,

                        73 Bill WA9PWR

                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                          Alex,

                          I got the Delta 44 sound card working fine with Rocky 3.32 and one of my RXTX's.  Receiving signals fine on 40 meters. Apparently there is quite a contest going on right now.  But when I try to open the "CQWWCW_2005_1_of_42.wav" file I still get the "Unknown Error 265".  The machine has been rebooted several times since I had the Windows Media Player up, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

                          Any other ideas?

                          Bill wa9pwr

                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                            Maybe the file is corrupt? Check the file size, it should be 50,331,894
                            bytes.

                            73 Alex VE3NEA

                            > I got the Delta 44 sound card working fine with Rocky 3.32 and one of my
                            > RXTX's. Receiving signals fine on 40 meters. Apparently there is quite a
                            > contest going on right now. But when I try to open the
                            > "CQWWCW_2005_1_of_42.wav" file I still get the "Unknown Error 265". The
                            > machine has been rebooted several times since I had the Windows Media
                            > Player up, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.
                            >
                            > Any other ideas?
                            >
                            > Bill wa9pwr
                          • Bill Dumke