Sample IQ file

  • a.drory
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
      Hi

      I started to download the CW sample file of 1.94 Gb. It might take me
      a whole week to download it.

      Is there any available much smaller file that will help me to try
      Rockey? I prefer voice but CW is OK as well.

      Many thanks

      Avner 4X1GE
    • Kaj Wiik
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
        Hi!

        > Is there any available much smaller file that will help me to try
        > Rockey? I prefer voice but CW is OK as well.
        See
        http://cid-e39b59612b664f63.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Public

        Cheers,
        Kaj OH6EH
      • Tracy Fort
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
          It is big. Somebody posted a link to a website. I downlaoded it from there
          but the file would not run. So I'm doing the peer to peer thing.

          Thanks,

          Tracy Fort
          AJ4AC

          I started to download the CW sample file of 1.94 Gb. It might take me a
          whole week to download it.

          Is there any available much smaller file that will help me to try Rockey? I
          prefer voice but CW is OK as well.

          Many thanks

          Avner 4X1GE

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          8:30 PM

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          8:30 PM
        • a.drory
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2008
            Hi Kaj

            Thanks for the 3 files. One of them is working great but for the other two (FJ_OH2AM) I get meseege of: " Invalid Sample rate: 2400Hz".

            I wonder what is the meaning of it. Can you help?

            73

            Avner 4X1GE

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Kaj Wiik" <kaj.wiik@...> wrote:

            > Hi!
            >
            > > Is there any available much smaller file that will help me to try
            > > Rockey? I prefer voice but CW is OK as well.
            > See
            > http://cid-e39b59612b664f63.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Public
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Kaj OH6EH

          • Kaj Wiik
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
              Hi,

              2008/2/2, a.drory <adrory@...>:

              > Thanks for the 3 files. One of them is working great but for the other two (FJ_OH2AM) I get meseege of: " Invalid Sample rate: 2400Hz".

              The files are from Alex VE3NEA (the author of Rocky), I was only aware
              of the CQWW sample. As I have only tested Rocky briefly using
              VirtualBox in Linux, I cannot give you an answer. Obviously, I would
              look if there is a way to adjust the sample rate..

              The files themselves seem to be OK when played through a normal
              player, what a pileup!

              73,
              Kaj OH6EH
            • Alex, VE3NEA
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                Hi Avner,

                Rocky can play back the I/Q files recorded at 48 and 96 kHz, it does not
                support the 24 kHz sampling rate. The other two files are not for Rocky,
                they are for my new shareware program CW Skimmer
                (http://www.dxatlas.com/CwSkimmer).

                73 Alex VE3NEA

                Thanks for the 3 files. One of them is working great but for the other
                two (FJ_OH2AM) I get meseege of: " Invalid Sample rate: 2400Hz".

                I wonder what is the meaning of it. Can you help?

                73

                Avner 4X1GE
              • Bill Dumke
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                  Alex,

                  I tried CQWWCW_2005_1_of_42.wav, but I get "Unknown Error 265" in Rocky
                  3.32 at 96 kHz sampling. However, it plays OK in Windows Media Player,
                  at least I can see the signals in the display.

                  Bill wa9pwr

                  Alex, VE3NEA wrote:
                  > Hi Avner,
                  >
                  > Rocky can play back the I/Q files recorded at 48 and 96 kHz, it does not
                  > support the 24 kHz sampling rate. The other two files are not for Rocky,
                  > they are for my new shareware program CW Skimmer
                  > (http://www.dxatlas.com/CwSkimmer).
                  >
                  > 73 Alex VE3NEA

                • Alex, VE3NEA
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                    Hi Bill,

                    This error is returned by the audio driver when the program tries to open
                    the soundcard. If this card works fine with the receiver and when playing
                    other I/Q files, then perhaps you have another application running that does
                    not allow Rocky to use the device. Windows Media Player is the prime
                    suspect, it locks the soundcard even when it is idle.

                    73 Alex VE3NEA

                    > I tried CQWWCW_2005_1_of_42.wav, but I get "Unknown Error 265" in Rocky
                    > 3.32 at 96 kHz sampling. However, it plays OK in Windows Media Player,
                    > at least I can see the signals in the display.
                    >
                    > Bill wa9pwr

                  • Bill Dumke
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                      I think you are right.  Do you have a suggestion for preventing Windows Media Player from doing this, or do I have to uninstall Windows Media Player and leave it uninstalled?

                      Bill wa9pwr

                      Alex, VE3NEA wrote:
                      Hi Bill,

                      This error is returned by the audio driver when the program tries to open
                      the soundcard. If this card works fine with the receiver and when playing
                      other I/Q files, then perhaps you have another application running that does
                      not allow Rocky to use the device. Windows Media Player is the prime
                      suspect, it locks the soundcard even when it is idle.

                      73 Alex VE3NEA

                      I tried CQWWCW_2005_1_of_42.wav, but I get "Unknown Error 265" in Rocky
                      3.32 at 96 kHz sampling.  However, it plays OK in Windows Media Player,
                      at least I can see the signals in the display.

                      Bill wa9pwr

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                      <*> Your email settings:
                          Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                          (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:
                          mailto:softrock40-digest@yahoogroups.com
                          mailto:softrock40-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    • Alex, VE3NEA
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                        Bill,

                        You just have to close Media Player before you start Rocky, no need to
                        uninstall it.

                        73 Alex VE3NEA

                        >I think you are right. Do you have a suggestion for preventing Windows
                        >Media Player from doing this, or do I have to uninstall Windows Media
                        >Player and leave it uninstalled?
                        >
                        > Bill wa9pwr
                        >
                        > Alex, VE3NEA wrote:
                        >
                        > Hi Bill,
                        >
                        > This error is returned by the audio driver when the program tries to open
                        > the soundcard. If this card works fine with the receiver and when playing
                        > other I/Q files, then perhaps you have another application running that
                        > does
                        > not allow Rocky to use the device. Windows Media Player is the prime
                        > suspect, it locks the soundcard even when it is idle.
                        >
                        > 73 Alex VE3NEA

                      • Bill Dumke
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                          Alex,

                          Windows Media Player wasn't running, at least not visibly.  But previously I did have it open when I was looking at the file.  I will check the task manager and see if it is still running in there, after I get the M-Audio driver reinstalled.

                          What started all of this was the sampling rate selected in the M-Audio Delta 44 driver kept defaulting back to a  much slower speed every time I opened it.  (Probably because the Windows Media Player had grabbed the card as you said.)  So I thought the new driver was corrupted.  But I didn't remember I had to pull the card first before reinstalling an older driver.  (BTW the older drivers for the Delta 44 are available on the same web page.  You have to select the option to view the older drivers.)  When I get time today I will get that fixed.

                          Thanks,

                          73 Bill WA9PWR

                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                            Alex,

                            I got the Delta 44 sound card working fine with Rocky 3.32 and one of my RXTX's.  Receiving signals fine on 40 meters. Apparently there is quite a contest going on right now.  But when I try to open the "CQWWCW_2005_1_of_42.wav" file I still get the "Unknown Error 265".  The machine has been rebooted several times since I had the Windows Media Player up, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

                            Any other ideas?

                            Bill wa9pwr

                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
                              Maybe the file is corrupt? Check the file size, it should be 50,331,894
                              bytes.

                              73 Alex VE3NEA

                              > I got the Delta 44 sound card working fine with Rocky 3.32 and one of my
                              > RXTX's. Receiving signals fine on 40 meters. Apparently there is quite a
                              > contest going on right now. But when I try to open the
                              > "CQWWCW_2005_1_of_42.wav" file I still get the "Unknown Error 265". The
                              > machine has been rebooted several times since I had the Windows Media
                              > Player up, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.
                              >
                              > Any other ideas?
                              >
                              > Bill wa9pwr
                            • Bill Dumke