Audigy SE - new user experience

  • Pete Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2008
      I'm writing this because I ran into things that I was not prepared for,
      even though I had cruised the archives of this reflector. Maybe I used the
      wrong search terms, or just didn't hang in long enough on the search, but
      here goes (I'll be short):

      I was surprised to discover that I had to disable my onboard Soundmax
      Digital Audio chip before the operating system could find the card.

      When I first brought it up with Rocky, I was distressed to discover what
      appeared to be much higher baseline noise and band coverage no better than
      my SoundMax. Then I found the "Device Control" app on my Control Panel,
      and set it to 96 KHx. Voila!

      Not only is there less band noise than before, as well as 96 KHz of
      coverage, but the ground loop hum that afflicted my SoftRock Lite at its
      center frequency is almost gone. All in all, a pretty good $30 investment.

      73, Pete N4ZR