Re: Rocky Vista issues

  • zl1ujg
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 28, 2008
      Hi,
      I had bought a Creative soundblaster 24bit (USB) for use with the
      SDRTxRx6.2 and the ASUS laptop, and the Rocky program seems to start
      and close ok with the USB soundcard plugged in.
      However Although the creative soundblaster appears on the Rocky
      program, no other sound facilities do.
      I can listen to an IQ file ok out through the soundblaster, but cannot
      set up alternative Audio output, which means I cannot enable the
      transmit facility in Rocky, or save sound files

      Also Power SDR v1.10.3 sounds as though the audio is severely chopped
      up when listening to an IQ wav file.

      Winrad came up with a "failed to set data for class ID", and unable to
      set up 24 bit ASIO drivers, but sets up with 16 bit WMME drivers. The
      IQ file sounds good, and there are other Vista Winrad issues.

      I installed the KGK software and got into a terrible howlback mode
      after installing the ASIO program.

      Other than that everything runs fine...
      (With a surname of Murphy I expect problems Hi Hi)

      I have thought of running XP on the laptop, with a small 6G hardrive...

      I have almost finished the SDRTxRx6.2 PCB and will run that up soon.

      Kevin
      ZL1UJG (aka ZL1MRF)