Need help regarding RX/TX 6.2 20/30M

  • wa4ywm
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2008
      Please keep these items in mind as you read the rest of my description.
      1. The softrock board will successfully receive PSK31 using the built-
      in sound card in my PC. I am using Rocky 3.2.
      2. I can receive PSK31 using my Elecraft K2 w/a homebrew interface to
      the Delta 44 sound card.
      3. I do not receive PSK31 when I connect the Softrock to the Delta 44.

      When I first completed the Softrock, I had the same situation as
      above. After reading many of the postings regarding the infamous spike
      and images I decided to order the Delta 44 interface card in order to
      take advantage of its filtering and ground loop solution. I built it
      today and installed it. The results are still as above.

      I did notice that the PC sound card shows the spike. The Delta 44 had
      a significant hump at 14050 and 2 images but they virtually
      disappeared after installation of the interface (not as clean as some
      files I have seen posted here).

      I also found that when using the Delta 44 GUI (which I find very
      confusing) I could vary the H/W In 1/2 faders over their full range
      and it appeared to have no effect on the Rocky display. However, when
      using the same H/W In 1 fader (I only need one for the K2 interface),
      I can change the signal level significantly. BTW I am using Ham Radio
      Deluxe for the K2 PSK31 display.

      I also could observe other signals (I presume RTTY or CW) on Rocky but
      could never decode a PSK31 signal when using the Delta 44.

      Is there another setting in Rocky unique to PSK31 (I did double-check
      to be sure that I have PSK31 selected). Why doesn't the fader change
      the level of the signal?

      What is going on here?????

      Thanks for any help.
      73, Jim WA4YWM