Re: [softrock40] PowerSDR +Boatanchor IF

  • FRANCIS CARCIA
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 9, 2008
      Very easy just select softrock when you set up power sdr. I use it all the time. Also there is a place to input your IF into the sound card. I'm using a color burst crystal so my offset is 7.625 KHz. The just set your frequency to the IF 455 KHz in my case. You can display the IF spectrum of the RX width limited by any filters ahead of it. The signal will be stronger so you will need an attenuator ahead of the softrock and maybe reduce the gain of the op amps. I run gain of 10 but it can be a bit lower. frank

      k5nwa <k5nwa@...> wrote:
      At 05:03 PM 1/8/2008, you wrote:

      >Hi All,
      >Please correct my faulty memory, but I seem to remember someone had
      >done a version of PowerSDR for use with an IF that was basically the
      >SDR software without all the rig control. This version was aimed at
      >those with old receivers that cannot take advantage of computer control.
      >Anyone remember or know where I can get this version if it exists?
      >
      >Thanks,
      >Bill

      When you first run the software tell it you have a softrock.

      Cecil
      K5NWA
      www.softrockradio. org www.qrpradio. com