RE: [softrock40] New and confused!

  • RAY
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2008

      Hi Scott,

      I am answering only because you deserve an answer – I am not an expert on the softrocks but here is what I think I know from what others have posted in the past and welcome to the group.  Don’t let any of this stuff intimidate you as we have been doing this for a while and there are loads of experience, programming and engineering skills in the group.

      Your question about using the DDS is the topic of several projects here and several approaches are being taken for the DDS generation to run the SOFTROCK rigs.  You will find some people using the DDS-60 for the last year or so and now we have a new device the Si570 and another the 995X series plus several PIC platforms being worked on to use these devices as standalone or PC driven systems to provide frequencies fro the SOFTROCK SDRs and anything else you might need a frequency source for.

      There is a 10 meter transceiver and I believe it is available on limited basis at this time.  It is a little more expensive than the other units due XTAL costs.  SDR kits are available in several flavors from 160 to 10 meters and in receive only and TVRX versions.  These are available from TONY KB9YIG.

      Here is a copy from TONY on what was a available (I don’t  know what his status is now – it changes fast because the kits are so popular).

      Use this – contact Tony (just put an e-mail in and ask “TONY” what is happening in the SOFTROCK WORLD.  He reads all the mail and responds .

      I also recommemnd searching the mail archives with key words and looking in the file section -  there is just much info to put in a single e-mail and I amsure that will figure this out in hurry once you get used to the group styles.

      73, Ray, N0FY

      Tony KB9YIG