Re: [softrock40] SoftRock with Mac OS X and M-Audio Transit

  • k5nwa
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2008
      At 04:00 PM 1/5/2008, you wrote:
      >My hamshack machine is a Mac Mini. I use it for logging and for the
      >digital modes. For RTTY, PSK31, etc. there is nothing on Windows that
      >beats the performance of W7AY's cocoaModem. I have not tried
      >Sebastian's program on it yet as I've been playing in the RTTY contest
      >off and on today. But I think that the Mac Mini and the M-Audio
      >Transit would work well. You should be able to sample at 96 kHz and
      >use the built in audio output for receive audio, thus avoiding the
      >M-Audio "we lied about our sound card" issue ;-) I also plan to try to
      >get gnuradio built and running under OS X when I get a chance.
      >
      >73,
      >Doug, K4DSP

      I also recently bought a Mac Mini with Leopard and I'm very happy
      with it, I also have Fusion installed with XP and it runs well. I
      have always like Mac's, after cleaning the garage recently and
      getting rid of some, I still have besides my new Mini;

      G4 Gigabit with dual 2 GHz CPU's upgrade.
      G3 with a 1 GHz G4 upgrade in it
      Beige Power PC desktop with 1 GHz G4 upgrade.
      The original Mac from 1984, and it still works.

      I'm seriously considering buying a large 24" iMac and use the Mini
      for ham use, but first I have to save my money for Dayton.

      I'm doing some self training and need MySQL, Apache, PHP, ASP.NET,
      and a few other goodies loaded onto a machine so I can play at
      writing web based applications, I will be using the G4 with Tiger as
      a server, because I can turn it on and forget about it, no crashing no noise.

      Cecil
      K5NWA
      www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com