Re: [softrock40] Spammers are such idiots

  • k5nwa
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2008
      At 03:40 PM 1/1/2008, you wrote:

      >Cecil,
      >I might suggest that you misspell some of the words in your form as
      >well. When I write to a prospective member of the Spectrum Lab list,
      >I spell it 'speektum labs' for instance and ask for their Hamm
      >Raadio' callsign. A human reading this knows what I meant to say, a
      >spammers computer replies with garbage or doesn't respond at all.
      >
      >Enjoy.
      >
      >Art

      I'll add the trick to my bag of tools, I also move around the
      questions and what they ask occasionally, some spammers have noted
      their failure and corrected their next attempt only to loose out
      again, after a while I hope that individual quit trying. One more
      trick I will be adding is questions with invisible text attributes, a
      human does not see it or answer it, a bot will be too stupid and
      answer the question. It's all a little game children play except I
      have put a lot of work into the site and by George they are not going to win.

      Cecil
      K5NWA
      www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com