SoftRock Lite Upgraded 20M Success

  • donnyr7
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2008
      I Just finished building the SoftRock Lite upgraded 20m.
      I was suprised that it worked without a hitch, because I haven't built
      anything since my Heathkit building days!
      The first test was with the On-motherboard Sigma audio in a Dell
      dimension, and a 10ft piece of wire for an antenna.
      I used Rocky 3.32 and picked up a good cw signal at 14.45mhz.
      Now I need to hook it up to a good antenna and get a better soundcard!

      Looking forward using this and to the next project!

      (just a note: the resister values on the upgraded board have changed
      in the 20M kit but that is not noted in the BM document, only in
      the Schematic)

      I have pictures of the completed board if anyone is interested.

      73's

      Don
      W0RXX
    • Tracy Fort
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2008
        I'd like to see those pics.

        Thanks,
        Tracy
        AJ4AC

        I Just finished building the SoftRock Lite upgraded 20m.
        I was suprised that it worked without a hitch, because I haven't built
        anything since my Heathkit building days! The first test was with the
        On-motherboard Sigma audio in a Dell dimension, and a 10ft piece of wire for
        an antenna. I used Rocky 3.32 and picked up a good cw signal at 14.45mhz.
        Now I need to hook it up to a good antenna and get a better soundcard!

        Looking forward using this and to the next project!

        (just a note: the resister values on the upgraded board have changed in the
        20M kit but that is not noted in the BM document, only in the Schematic)

        I have pictures of the completed board if anyone is interested.

        73's

        Don
        W0RXX

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        3:32 PM

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        3:32 PM
      • donnyr7
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2008
          Tracy, I posted the photos under W0RXX in "Photos"

          Cheers,

          Don

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tracy Fort" <beerbarrel@...> wrote:

          > I'd like to see those pics.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Tracy
          > AJ4AC

          12/31/2007
          > 3:32 PM

          > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          12/31/2007
          > 3:32 PM

        • mbhayden
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2008
            thanks for posting the pictures. i'm just getting ready to build the 20m improved  lite, and just finished building a softrock 40m lite.

            say, do you know if the orientation of the two toroids (L1 and T1) with respect to one another matters?  i have maintained mine at right angles, i see yours are canted.  does it matter at all?

            mike - ak3f

            On Jan 1, 2008 11:07 PM, donnyr7 <donnyr3@...> wrote:

            Tracy, I posted the photos under W0RXX in "Photos"

            Cheers,

            Don

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tracy Fort" <beerbarrel@...> wrote:

            > I'd like to see those pics.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Tracy
            > AJ4AC

            12/31/2007
            > 3:32 PM

            > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
            12/31/2007
            > 3:32 PM

          • Tracy Fort
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 2, 2008
              Thanks for the pics Don. Did it work for you OK?

              Tracy

              Tracy, I posted the photos under W0RXX in "Photos"

              Cheers,

              Don

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tracy Fort" <beerbarrel@...> wrote:

              > I'd like to see those pics.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Tracy
              > AJ4AC

              12/31/2007
              > 3:32 PM

              > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
              12/31/2007
              > 3:32 PM

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              Checked by AVG Free Edition.
              3:32 PM

              Checked by AVG Free Edition.
              12:09 PM
            • donnyr7
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 2, 2008
                Mike,

                I never thought about the orientation....probably should have!

                I was so please with the operation once I hooked up to a real
                antenna, I didn't think about tweaking anything!

                Now I'm going to try to get a different crystal to move up to the SSB
                portion of the band.

                Good luck with yours!

                Don - W0RXX

                Date: