Re: [softrock40] Images

  • k5nwa
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2008
      At 11:55 AM 1/1/2008, you wrote:
      > I hear the SSB station on 1858. The SSB station is USB below the
      > LO and LSB above, So at the end of the day I am hearing signals
      > folded accross either side of the LO.
      >
      >Is this the way the SDR RXTXv6.2 receiver is to work or do I have
      >something wrong?
      >
      >Thanks in advance,
      >
      >Dave Anderson, K4SV

      No, you have one of the signals not getting to the PC, check your
      cabling, the two signals are used to cancel images if one of them is
      missing you have no image rejection..

      Make sure you are connected to a stereo input of the sound card not a
      mono microphone input. Check your SoftRock for wrong components,
      parts inserted in the wrong holes, solder shorts, the transformers is
      an area where a lot of people make mistakes, did you scrape the wires
      before soldering?

      Cecil
      K5NWA
      www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com