Re: [softrock40] how about a SoftRock with build in audio processor?

  • k5nwa
    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 1, 2008
      At 10:09 AM 1/1/2008, you wrote:

      >Good morning Bob and all,
      >
      >First, Happy New Year!
      >
      >Second, perhaps I'm missing something - I've always thought that one of
      >the wonderful things about the SoftRock is that the hardware is very
      >simple, leaving all the complicated processing to the attached computer.

      Yep, all he is trying to do is make his own USB sound card, an area
      that is lacking in choices.

      Cecil
      K5NWA
      www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com

    • unmanagedtn
      Message 41 of 41 , Jan 21, 2008
        On pin 1 (top left of U8) I have 4.9 volts! :(
        and on pen seven I have 2.48 volts :)

        I am testing things out now and had to pull this thread and info out
        of another topic....

        Tony does this mean that U8 needs to be replaced?

        I see the same things on both sides.

        73
        ke4tvv

        > No RX image rejection results when one of the I / Q signals from the
        RXTX board is not getting to the stereo soundcard line-in input. The
        problem could be on the RXTX board, in the cable or at the soundcard.
        Also, if I and Q signal lines are shorted together no image rejection
        will be the result.

        > There have been a few cases of U8 failing when the RXTX board I / Q
        output signals were connected to a soundcard when an AC voltage
        difference existed between the soundcard ground and the ground on the
        RXTX board. Please check the DC voltages at pins 1 and 7 of U8 to see
        if the two pins are still at about 2.5 volts with reference to circuit >