Re: [softrock40] how about a SoftRock with build in audio processor?

  • Ben Hall
    Message 1 of 41 , Jan 1, 2008
      Good morning Bob and all,

      First, Happy New Year!

      Second, perhaps I'm missing something - I've always thought that one of
      the wonderful things about the SoftRock is that the hardware is very
      simple, leaving all the complicated processing to the attached computer.

      It seems to me that an audio processor would be better handled in
      software, rather than hardware.

      Have you tried Alberto I2PHD's Winrad software? It's been awhile since
      I've used it, but I recall it having a lot of IF-type processing power.
      I'll bet it probably does audio processing as well, but I cannot swear
      to it as it's been awhile since I've used it. (Shame on me, I know!)

      thanks and 73,
      ben, kd5byb

      Bob Zinn wrote:
      > I built the SoftRock RXTX 80/40 over the holidays and have been
      > playing with it using an old laptop for the processing.
      >
      > I started looking for a better audio processor and ran across this
      > http://www.pavouk.org/hw/usbdac/en_index.html
      > <http://www.pavouk.org/hw/usbdac/en_index.html>

    • unmanagedtn
      Message 41 of 41 , Jan 21, 2008
        On pin 1 (top left of U8) I have 4.9 volts! :(
        and on pen seven I have 2.48 volts :)

        I am testing things out now and had to pull this thread and info out
        of another topic....

        Tony does this mean that U8 needs to be replaced?

        I see the same things on both sides.

        73
        ke4tvv

        > No RX image rejection results when one of the I / Q signals from the
        RXTX board is not getting to the stereo soundcard line-in input. The
        problem could be on the RXTX board, in the cable or at the soundcard.
        Also, if I and Q signal lines are shorted together no image rejection
        will be the result.

        > There have been a few cases of U8 failing when the RXTX board I / Q
        output signals were connected to a soundcard when an AC voltage
        difference existed between the soundcard ground and the ground on the
        RXTX board. Please check the DC voltages at pins 1 and 7 of U8 to see
        if the two pins are still at about 2.5 volts with reference to circuit >