Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

FS v4.0 SoftRock40 receiver

Expand Messages
  • kb9yig
    Good Afternoon All, As I continue to build SoftRock40 kits for various hams I now have ten extra built/tested v4.0 SoftRock40 receivers for sale at $38 each.
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 30, 2005
    • 0 Attachment
      Good Afternoon All,

      As I continue to build SoftRock40 kits for various hams I now have ten
      extra built/tested v4.0 SoftRock40 receivers for sale at $38 each.
      This price includes mailing cost to your QTH. Each receiver has been
      tested to make sure the image null works properly and that the MDS is
      better than -130 dBm. If you would like one of these receivers, send
      me an e-mail. If you are not satisfied with the receiver after you
      get it, I will refund your money and pay the return postage costs.

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony KB9YIG
    • Bob
      Tony I sent you email the other day for a sr40.I am not sure if you sent it out or not.I usually get a message from you when you send out your mail.I havent
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 30, 2005
      • 0 Attachment
        Tony
         
            I sent you email the other day for a sr40.I am not sure if you sent it out or not.I usually get a message from you when you send out your mail.I havent heard from you and thought I would jump in here before they are all gone.
         
                                                                            73 Bob ve3gkm@...  
         
        ----- Original Message -----
        From: kb9yig
        Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 4:02 PM
        Subject: [softrock40] FS v4.0 SoftRock40 receiver

        Good Afternoon All,

        As I continue to build SoftRock40 kits for various hams I now have ten
        extra built/tested v4.0 SoftRock40 receivers for sale at $38 each. 
        This price includes mailing cost to your QTH.  Each receiver has been
        tested to make sure the image null works properly and that the MDS is
        better than -130 dBm.  If you would like one of these receivers, send
        me an e-mail.  If you are not satisfied with the receiver after you
        get it, I will refund your money and pay the return postage costs.

        Thanks and 73,
        Tony KB9YIG



      • Tony Parks
        Hi Bob, Yes, I mail a built/tested unit to you several days ago. 73, Tony KB9YIG ... From: Bob To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 30, 2005
        • 0 Attachment
          Hi Bob,
           
          Yes, I mail a built/tested unit to you several days ago. 
           
          73,
          Tony KB9YIG
          ----- Original Message -----
          From: Bob
          Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 5:10 PM
          Subject: Re: [softrock40] FS v4.0 SoftRock40 receiver

          Tony
           
              I sent you email the other day for a sr40.I am not sure if you sent it out or not.I usually get a message from you when you send out your mail.I havent heard from you and thought I would jump in here before they are all gone.
           
                                                                              73 Bob ve3gkm@...  
           
          ----- Original Message -----
          From: kb9yig
          Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 4:02 PM
          Subject: [softrock40] FS v4.0 SoftRock40 receiver

          Good Afternoon All,

          As I continue to build SoftRock40 kits for various hams I now have ten
          extra built/tested v4.0 SoftRock40 receivers for sale at $38 each. 
          This price includes mailing cost to your QTH.  Each receiver has been
          tested to make sure the image null works properly and that the MDS is
          better than -130 dBm.  If you would like one of these receivers, send
          me an e-mail.  If you are not satisfied with the receiver after you
          get it, I will refund your money and pay the return postage costs.

          Thanks and 73,
          Tony KB9YIG



        • windy10605@juno.com
          Got one left ? Do you take PayPal ? 73 Kees K5BCQ
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 30, 2005
          • 0 Attachment
            Got one left ? Do you take PayPal ?

            73 Kees K5BCQ
          • Tony Parks
            Hi Kees, Yes, still have a few left and I do take Paypal at raparks@ctcisp.com . If you would like one, I will get it in the mail tomorrow morning. Please
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 30, 2005
            • 0 Attachment
              Hi Kees,

              Yes, still have a few left and I do take Paypal at raparks@... . If
              you would like one, I will get it in the mail tomorrow morning. Please send
              your mailing address.

              Thanks and 73,
              Tony KB9YIG

              ----- Original Message -----
              From: <windy10605@...>
              To: <softrock40@yahoogroups.com>
              Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 7:06 PM
              Subject: Re: [softrock40] FS v4.0 SoftRock40 receiver


              > Got one left ? Do you take PayPal ?
              >
              > 73 Kees K5BCQ
              >
              >
              >
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
              >
            • tom.rowley@sbcglobal.net
              Tony If you have one left, I ll take it. Let me know and send you a PayPal. Thanks Tom Rowley w2ter ... From: Tony Parks To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com Sent:
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 30, 2005
              • 0 Attachment
                Tony
                 
                If you have one left, I'll take it. Let me know and send you a PayPal.
                Thanks
                 
                Tom Rowley
                w2ter
                ----- Original Message -----
                Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 5:16 PM
                Subject: Re: [softrock40] FS v4.0 SoftRock40 receiver

                Hi Kees,

                Yes, still have a few left and I do take Paypal at raparks@... .  If
                you would like one, I will get it in the mail tomorrow morning.  Please send
                your mailing address.

                Thanks and 73,
                Tony KB9YIG

                ----- Original Message -----
                From: <windy10605@...>
                To: <softrock40@yahoogroups.com>
                Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 7:06 PM
                Subject: Re: [softrock40] FS v4.0 SoftRock40 receiver


                > Got one left ? Do you take PayPal ?
                >
                > 73 Kees K5BCQ
                >
                >
                >
                >
                > Yahoo! Groups Links
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >

              • John Melton
                First I would like to say how impressed I have been with the little SoftRock40 and the PowerSDR software. It has been a long time since I have worked HF and
                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 1, 2005
                • 0 Attachment
                  First I would like to say how impressed I have been with the little
                  SoftRock40 and the PowerSDR software. It has been a long time since I
                  have worked HF and this has really got me interested again. Thanks to
                  everyone who has put this together.

                  I have been thinking about putting the SoftRock40 on the internet with a
                  simple server reading the I/Q signals and serving them to clients that
                  connect (limited by my uplink speed). What is interesting about this is
                  that each client can then independently tune across the passband of the
                  receiver. Imagine a whole network of these little receivers around the
                  world. Want to check out the conditions on 40 Mtrs in Europe - just
                  connect to one in Europe and tune around!

                  I am a Unix/Linux/Java software engineer by profession and have good
                  development systems for these environments. I do not have any Microsoft
                  development systems - note the email address ;-).

                  I have downloaded the Linux code and am currently working on this to use
                  a socket connection to receive the I/Q data, and also looking at
                  implementing a GUI interface - possibly in Java.

                  Would anyone be interested in helping with this development? In
                  particular I would be looking for someone that would be prepared to look
                  at the PowerSDR Windows code to modify it to get the audio data from a
                  socket rather than the audio device or a Wave file.

                  let me know what you think and if you can be of any help.

                  Regards,

                  John Melton, g0orx/n6lyt
                • John H. Fisher
                  This is a terrific idea, what a wonderful concept. The possibilities are infinite. Wish I knew enough to help out, but please pursue this line of thinking. A
                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 1, 2005
                  • 0 Attachment
                    This is a terrific idea, what a wonderful concept. The possibilities are
                    infinite. Wish I knew enough to help out, but please pursue this line of
                    thinking. A world wide receiver linked by the Internet, Wow :-)

                    John Melton wrote:

                    > First I would like to say how impressed I have been with the little
                    > SoftRock40 and the PowerSDR software. It has been a long time since I
                    > have worked HF and this has really got me interested again. Thanks to
                    > everyone who has put this together.
                    >
                    > I have been thinking about putting the SoftRock40 on the internet with a
                    > simple server reading the I/Q signals and serving them to clients that
                    > connect (limited by my uplink speed). What is interesting about this is
                    > that each client can then independently tune across the passband of the
                    > receiver. Imagine a whole network of these little receivers around the
                    > world. Want to check out the conditions on 40 Mtrs in Europe - just
                    > connect to one in Europe and tune around!
                    >
                    > I am a Unix/Linux/Java software engineer by profession and have good
                    > development systems for these environments. I do not have any Microsoft
                    > development systems - note the email address ;-).
                    >
                    > I have downloaded the Linux code and am currently working on this to use
                    > a socket connection to receive the I/Q data, and also looking at
                    > implementing a GUI interface - possibly in Java.
                    >
                    > Would anyone be interested in helping with this development? In
                    > particular I would be looking for someone that would be prepared to look
                    > at the PowerSDR Windows code to modify it to get the audio data from a
                    > socket rather than the audio device or a Wave file.
                    >
                    > let me know what you think and if you can be of any help.
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    >
                    > John Melton, g0orx/n6lyt
                    >
                    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                    >
                    > * Visit your group "softrock40
                    > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/softrock40>" on the web.
                    >
                    > * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                    > softrock40-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                    > <mailto:softrock40-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>
                    >
                    > * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                    > Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
                    >
                    >
                    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    >

                    --
                    Regards,
                    John

                    =========================================================
                    email: k5jhf@...
                    photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/k5jhf@...
                    files: http://briefcase.yahoo.com/k5jhf@...
                    web page: http://www.geocities.com/k5jhf@...
                    call sign: K5JHF
                    =========================================================
                  • KY1K
                    Although it s not a softrock, there is a 40 meter QSD based 40 meter receiver on the internet, it is not full time. Several weeks ago, I sent a string of slow
                    Message 9 of 16 , Oct 1, 2005
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Although it's not a softrock, there is a 40 meter QSD based 40 meter
                      receiver on the internet, it is not full time. Several weeks ago, I
                      sent a string of slow cw and was able to see my signal on the screen
                      as it was received in South America.....which was neat.

                      Don't know if it's still up.

                      Try http://appr.org.br/qrpbr/spectrum.php

                      There are also quite a few LF monitoring stations connected via the
                      nternet, although these are usually very expensive receivers
                      dedicated to this function full time and they display visual
                      snapshots of the spectrum rather than making audio available.
                      Typically, they monitor the lowfer (160-190 Khz) license free band
                      and the 137 Khz ham bands (for most of the world, or part 5 license
                      band for the US at 137 Khz).

                      Despite my best efforts to publicize the softrock type receivers, the
                      general population tends to think a Kenwood or Yaesu megabucks
                      receiver is the only receiver worth using. I think these sort of
                      people are missing the boat, but that's a topic for another day.

                      I just finished my design for a 400 Khz to DC using an inexpensive
                      crystal oscillator module and a programmable divider. It does not use
                      DDS or VCO technology. It is very inexpensive to build and makes use
                      of a programmable divider to cover 400 Khz and below. I'm happy to
                      email the schematic to anyone who is interested in it.

                      I'm looking for a 12.8 Mhz TCXO or OXCO for the prototype although
                      most users will not need the high stability oscillator. If anyone has
                      a source for them at reasonable prices, please email me (off list).

                      Regards,

                      Art



                      >This is a terrific idea, what a wonderful concept. The possibilities are
                      >infinite. Wish I knew enough to help out, but please pursue this line of
                      >thinking. A world wide receiver linked by the Internet, Wow :-)
                      >
                      >John Melton wrote:
                      >
                      > > First I would like to say how impressed I have been with the little
                      > > SoftRock40 and the PowerSDR software. It has been a long time since I
                      > > have worked HF and this has really got me interested again. Thanks to
                      > > everyone who has put this together.
                      > >
                      > > I have been thinking about putting the SoftRock40 on the internet with a
                      > > simple server reading the I/Q signals and serving them to clients that
                      > > connect (limited by my uplink speed). What is interesting about this is
                      > > that each client can then independently tune across the passband of the
                      > > receiver. Imagine a whole network of these little receivers around the
                      > > world. Want to check out the conditions on 40 Mtrs in Europe - just
                      > > connect to one in Europe and tune around!
                      > >
                      > > I am a Unix/Linux/Java software engineer by profession and have good
                      > > development systems for these environments. I do not have any Microsoft
                      > > development systems - note the email address ;-).
                      > >
                      > > I have downloaded the Linux code and am currently working on this to use
                      > > a socket connection to receive the I/Q data, and also looking at
                      > > implementing a GUI interface - possibly in Java.
                      > >
                      > > Would anyone be interested in helping with this development? In
                      > > particular I would be looking for someone that would be prepared to look
                      > > at the PowerSDR Windows code to modify it to get the audio data from a
                      > > socket rather than the audio device or a Wave file.
                      > >
                      > > let me know what you think and if you can be of any help.
                      > >
                      > > Regards,
                      > >
                      > > John Melton, g0orx/n6lyt
                      > >
                      > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                      > >
                      > > * Visit your group "softrock40
                      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/softrock40>" on the web.
                      > >
                      > > * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                      > > softrock40-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                      > > <mailto:softrock40-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>
                      > >
                      > > * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                      > > Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
                      > >
                      > >
                      > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      > >
                      >
                      >--
                      > Regards,
                      > John
                      >
                      >=========================================================
                      >email: k5jhf@...
                      >photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/k5jhf@...
                      >files: http://briefcase.yahoo.com/k5jhf@...
                      >web page: http://www.geocities.com/k5jhf@...
                      >call sign: K5JHF
                      >=========================================================
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >Yahoo! Groups Links
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                    • Steven Bible
                      John, It s good to see you are still alive and well! Your idea of networking receivers around the world reminded me of the Universal Digital Reciever (UDR)
                      Message 10 of 16 , Oct 1, 2005
                      • 0 Attachment
                        John,

                        It's good to see you are still alive and well!

                        Your idea of networking receivers around the world reminded me of the
                        Universal Digital Reciever (UDR) Project at Ohio State University, under
                        Prof. Grant Hampson. In looking at my bookmarks, I have

                        http://esl.eng.ohio-state.edu/~gah/rdr.html

                        Alas, the link is no good. So a Google search of

                        "universal digital receiver project"

                        (you must include the quotes) yields a cached version of the page that was
                        good as of Nov. 25, 2004. The page tells more of the receiver hardware and
                        not much information about the software and networking. It was this
                        hardware that inspired the SDR-14 by RFSpace (http://www.rfspace.com/).

                        I thought you might find it interesting and maybe it has some leads into
                        networking multiple receivers. I think this would be a very cool project.


                        73,

                        - Steve, N7HPR
                        (n7hpr@...)



                        > -----Original Message-----
                        > From: softrock40@yahoogroups.com [mailto:softrock40@yahoogroups.com]On
                        > Behalf Of John Melton
                        > Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2005 11:03 AM
                        > To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                        > Subject: [softrock40] softrock40 on the internet!
                        >
                        >
                        > First I would like to say how impressed I have been with the little
                        > SoftRock40 and the PowerSDR software. It has been a long time since I
                        > have worked HF and this has really got me interested again. Thanks to
                        > everyone who has put this together.
                        >
                        > I have been thinking about putting the SoftRock40 on the internet with a
                        > simple server reading the I/Q signals and serving them to clients that
                        > connect (limited by my uplink speed). What is interesting about this is
                        > that each client can then independently tune across the passband of the
                        > receiver. Imagine a whole network of these little receivers around the
                        > world. Want to check out the conditions on 40 Mtrs in Europe - just
                        > connect to one in Europe and tune around!
                        >
                        > I am a Unix/Linux/Java software engineer by profession and have good
                        > development systems for these environments. I do not have any Microsoft
                        > development systems - note the email address ;-).
                        >
                        > I have downloaded the Linux code and am currently working on this to use
                        > a socket connection to receive the I/Q data, and also looking at
                        > implementing a GUI interface - possibly in Java.
                        >
                        > Would anyone be interested in helping with this development? In
                        > particular I would be looking for someone that would be prepared to look
                        > at the PowerSDR Windows code to modify it to get the audio data from a
                        > socket rather than the audio device or a Wave file.
                        >
                        > let me know what you think and if you can be of any help.
                        >
                        > Regards,
                        >
                        > John Melton, g0orx/n6lyt
                      • Rein A. Smit
                        Would it be really much fun having some super server streaming high resolution raw 20 meter or 144 Mhz wide band data of the moon? { Aracibo ) 73 Rein W6/PA0ZN
                        Message 11 of 16 , Oct 1, 2005
                        • 0 Attachment
                          Would it be really much fun having some super server streaming high
                          resolution raw 20 meter or 144 Mhz
                          wide band data of the moon? { Aracibo )

                          73 Rein W6/PA0ZN


                          Steven Bible wrote:

                          > John,
                          >
                          > It's good to see you are still alive and well!
                          >
                          > Your idea of networking receivers around the world reminded me of the
                          > Universal Digital Reciever (UDR) Project at Ohio State University, under
                          > Prof. Grant Hampson. In looking at my bookmarks, I have
                          >
                          > http://esl.eng.ohio-state.edu/~gah/rdr.html
                          > <http://esl.eng.ohio-state.edu/%7Egah/rdr.html>
                          >
                          > Alas, the link is no good. So a Google search of
                          >
                          > "universal digital receiver project"
                          >
                          > (you must include the quotes) yields a cached version of the page that was
                          > good as of Nov. 25, 2004. The page tells more of the receiver
                          > hardware and
                          > not much information about the software and networking. It was this
                          > hardware that inspired the SDR-14 by RFSpace
                          > (http://www.rfspace.com/). <http://www.rfspace.com/%29.>
                          >
                          > I thought you might find it interesting and maybe it has some leads into
                          > networking multiple receivers. I think this would be a very cool project.
                          >
                          >
                          > 73,
                          >
                          > - Steve, N7HPR
                          > (n7hpr@...)
                          >
                          >
                          >
                          > > -----Original Message-----
                          > > From: softrock40@yahoogroups.com [mailto:softrock40@yahoogroups.com]On
                          > > Behalf Of John Melton
                          > > Sent: Saturday, October 01, 2005 11:03 AM
                          > > To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                          > > Subject: [softrock40] softrock40 on the internet!
                          > >
                          > >
                          > > First I would like to say how impressed I have been with the little
                          > > SoftRock40 and the PowerSDR software. It has been a long time since I
                          > > have worked HF and this has really got me interested again. Thanks to
                          > > everyone who has put this together.
                          > >
                          > > I have been thinking about putting the SoftRock40 on the internet with a
                          > > simple server reading the I/Q signals and serving them to clients that
                          > > connect (limited by my uplink speed). What is interesting about this is
                          > > that each client can then independently tune across the passband of the
                          > > receiver. Imagine a whole network of these little receivers around the
                          > > world. Want to check out the conditions on 40 Mtrs in Europe - just
                          > > connect to one in Europe and tune around!
                          > >
                          > > I am a Unix/Linux/Java software engineer by profession and have good
                          > > development systems for these environments. I do not have any Microsoft
                          > > development systems - note the email address ;-).
                          > >
                          > > I have downloaded the Linux code and am currently working on this to use
                          > > a socket connection to receive the I/Q data, and also looking at
                          > > implementing a GUI interface - possibly in Java.
                          > >
                          > > Would anyone be interested in helping with this development? In
                          > > particular I would be looking for someone that would be prepared to look
                          > > at the PowerSDR Windows code to modify it to get the audio data from a
                          > > socket rather than the audio device or a Wave file.
                          > >
                          > > let me know what you think and if you can be of any help.
                          > >
                          > > Regards,
                          > >
                          > > John Melton, g0orx/n6lyt
                          >
                          >
                          >
                          > SPONSORED LINKS
                          > Shortwave receivers
                          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Shortwave+receivers&w1=Shortwave+receivers&w2=Ham+radio&c=2&s=40&.sig=MB4yUGINw9tizVKS3Upr0w>
                          > Ham radio
                          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ham+radio&w1=Shortwave+receivers&w2=Ham+radio&c=2&s=40&.sig=XNtLoznpXE_hqNE4dvfaHA>
                          >
                          >
                          >
                          > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                          >
                          > * Visit your group "softrock40
                          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/softrock40>" on the web.
                          >
                          > * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                          > softrock40-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                          > <mailto:softrock40-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>
                          >
                          > * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                          > Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
                          >
                          >
                          > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          >
                        • fargonaz
                          ... since I ... to ... with a ... that ... this is ... the ... the ... just ... good ... Microsoft ... to use ... look ... from a ... I wish I could help I
                          Message 12 of 16 , Oct 1, 2005
                          • 0 Attachment
                            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, John Melton <john.melton@s...>
                            wrote:
                            > First I would like to say how impressed I have been with the little
                            > SoftRock40 and the PowerSDR software. It has been a long time
                            since I
                            > have worked HF and this has really got me interested again. Thanks
                            to
                            > everyone who has put this together.
                            >
                            > I have been thinking about putting the SoftRock40 on the internet
                            with a
                            > simple server reading the I/Q signals and serving them to clients
                            that
                            > connect (limited by my uplink speed). What is interesting about
                            this is
                            > that each client can then independently tune across the passband of
                            the
                            > receiver. Imagine a whole network of these little receivers around
                            the
                            > world. Want to check out the conditions on 40 Mtrs in Europe -
                            just
                            > connect to one in Europe and tune around!
                            >
                            > I am a Unix/Linux/Java software engineer by profession and have
                            good
                            > development systems for these environments. I do not have any
                            Microsoft
                            > development systems - note the email address ;-).
                            >
                            > I have downloaded the Linux code and am currently working on this
                            to use
                            > a socket connection to receive the I/Q data, and also looking at
                            > implementing a GUI interface - possibly in Java.
                            >
                            > Would anyone be interested in helping with this development? In
                            > particular I would be looking for someone that would be prepared to
                            look
                            > at the PowerSDR Windows code to modify it to get the audio data
                            from a
                            > socket rather than the audio device or a Wave file.
                            >
                            > let me know what you think and if you can be of any help.
                            >
                            > Regards,
                            >
                            > John Melton, g0orx/n6lyt

                            I wish I could help I couldn't code my way out of a wet paper bag in
                            C, C++, or C#.

                            But Phil Covington N8VB seems to be working on a similar slant, his
                            page www.philcovington.com, under software projects has a couple of
                            intersting parts and with Mono someone might be able to get something
                            started.
                          • Edson Pereira
                            Hi Art, The 40m Spectrometer is in the process of being relocated to a new QTH. It was in the urban QTH of William, PY2GN, but William had to move and for a
                            Message 13 of 16 , Oct 1, 2005
                            • 0 Attachment
                              Hi Art,

                              The 40m Spectrometer is in the process of being relocated to a new
                              QTH. It was in the urban QTH of William, PY2GN, but William had to
                              move and for a few weeks the spectrometer was temporarily in the QTH
                              of William's friend. It is currently off-the-air and will be
                              reactivated in William's rural QTH, a much quieter location.

                              73,

                              -- Edson, pu1jte, n1vtn, 7n4ncl

                              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, KY1K <ky1k@p...> wrote:
                              > Although it's not a softrock, there is a 40 meter QSD based 40 meter
                              > receiver on the internet, it is not full time. Several weeks ago, I
                              > sent a string of slow cw and was able to see my signal on the screen
                              > as it was received in South America.....which was neat.
                              >
                              > Don't know if it's still up.
                              >
                              > Try http://appr.org.br/qrpbr/spectrum.php
                              >
                              > There are also quite a few LF monitoring stations connected via the
                              > nternet, although these are usually very expensive receivers
                              > dedicated to this function full time and they display visual
                              > snapshots of the spectrum rather than making audio available.
                              > Typically, they monitor the lowfer (160-190 Khz) license free band
                              > and the 137 Khz ham bands (for most of the world, or part 5 license
                              > band for the US at 137 Khz).
                              >
                              > Despite my best efforts to publicize the softrock type receivers, the
                              > general population tends to think a Kenwood or Yaesu megabucks
                              > receiver is the only receiver worth using. I think these sort of
                              > people are missing the boat, but that's a topic for another day.
                              >
                              > I just finished my design for a 400 Khz to DC using an inexpensive
                              > crystal oscillator module and a programmable divider. It does not use
                              > DDS or VCO technology. It is very inexpensive to build and makes use
                              > of a programmable divider to cover 400 Khz and below. I'm happy to
                              > email the schematic to anyone who is interested in it.
                              >
                              > I'm looking for a 12.8 Mhz TCXO or OXCO for the prototype although
                              > most users will not need the high stability oscillator. If anyone has
                              > a source for them at reasonable prices, please email me (off list).
                              >
                              > Regards,
                              >
                              > Art
                              >
                              >
                              >
                              > >This is a terrific idea, what a wonderful concept. The
                              possibilities are
                              > >infinite. Wish I knew enough to help out, but please pursue this
                              line of
                              > >thinking. A world wide receiver linked by the Internet, Wow :-)
                              > >
                              > >John Melton wrote:
                              > >
                              > > > First I would like to say how impressed I have been with the little
                              > > > SoftRock40 and the PowerSDR software. It has been a long time
                              since I
                              > > > have worked HF and this has really got me interested again.
                              Thanks to
                              > > > everyone who has put this together.
                              > > >
                              > > > I have been thinking about putting the SoftRock40 on the
                              internet with a
                              > > > simple server reading the I/Q signals and serving them to
                              clients that
                              > > > connect (limited by my uplink speed). What is interesting about
                              this is
                              > > > that each client can then independently tune across the passband
                              of the
                              > > > receiver. Imagine a whole network of these little receivers
                              around the
                              > > > world. Want to check out the conditions on 40 Mtrs in Europe - just
                              > > > connect to one in Europe and tune around!
                              > > >
                              > > > I am a Unix/Linux/Java software engineer by profession and have good
                              > > > development systems for these environments. I do not have any
                              Microsoft
                              > > > development systems - note the email address ;-).
                              > > >
                              > > > I have downloaded the Linux code and am currently working on
                              this to use
                              > > > a socket connection to receive the I/Q data, and also looking at
                              > > > implementing a GUI interface - possibly in Java.
                              > > >
                              > > > Would anyone be interested in helping with this development? In
                              > > > particular I would be looking for someone that would be prepared
                              to look
                              > > > at the PowerSDR Windows code to modify it to get the audio data
                              from a
                              > > > socket rather than the audio device or a Wave file.
                              > > >
                              > > > let me know what you think and if you can be of any help.
                              > > >
                              > > > Regards,
                              > > >
                              > > > John Melton, g0orx/n6lyt
                              > > >
                              > > >
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              > > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                              > > >
                              > > > * Visit your group "softrock40
                              > > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/softrock40>" on the web.
                              > > >
                              > > > * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                              > > > softrock40-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                              > > >
                              <mailto:softrock40-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>
                              > > >
                              > > > * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                              > > > Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
                              > > >
                              > > >
                              > > >
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              > > >
                              > >
                              > >--
                              > > Regards,
                              > > John
                              > >
                              > >=========================================================
                              > >email: k5jhf@s...
                              > >photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/k5jhf@s...
                              > >files: http://briefcase.yahoo.com/k5jhf@s...
                              > >web page: http://www.geocities.com/k5jhf@s...
                              > >call sign: K5JHF
                              > >=========================================================
                              > >
                              > >
                              > >
                              > >
                              > >
                              > >Yahoo! Groups Links
                              > >
                              > >
                              > >
                              > >
                            • KY1K
                              Thanks for the info Edson. I must have caught it when it was running and it indicated my 100 watts was very readable there (from Maine). I d appreciate knowing
                              Message 14 of 16 , Oct 1, 2005
                              • 0 Attachment
                                Thanks for the info Edson. I must have caught it when it was running
                                and it indicated my 100 watts was very readable there (from Maine).
                                I'd appreciate knowing when it is activated again and what the new URL is.

                                I hope to have a similar setup using the softrock-LF available via
                                the internet from my house someday. Having DSL is nice even though it
                                isn't terribly fast:<:

                                Regards,

                                Art



                                At 10:58 PM 10/1/2005, you wrote:


                                >Hi Art,
                                >
                                >The 40m Spectrometer is in the process of being relocated to a new
                                >QTH. It was in the urban QTH of William, PY2GN, but William had to
                                >move and for a few weeks the spectrometer was temporarily in the QTH
                                >of William's friend. It is currently off-the-air and will be
                                >reactivated in William's rural QTH, a much quieter location.
                                >
                                >73,
                                >
                                >-- Edson, pu1jte, n1vtn, 7n4ncl
                              • Frank Brickle
                                ... use ... John -- As far as the Linux code goes, it s pretty straightforward to implement networked sources and sinks for jack data without programming. The
                                Message 15 of 16 , Oct 2, 2005
                                • 0 Attachment
                                  --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, John Melton <john.melton@s...> wrote:

                                  > I have downloaded the Linux code and am currently working on this to
                                  use
                                  > a socket connection to receive the I/Q data, and also looking at
                                  > implementing a GUI interface - possibly in Java.

                                  John --

                                  As far as the Linux code goes, it's pretty straightforward to
                                  implement networked sources and sinks for jack data without programming.

                                  The hooks to jack are made using ecasound. The hooks from ecasound to
                                  the network are accomplished by starting ecasound as a child of one of
                                  the netpipes programs (hose or faucet).

                                  This all happens at the command-line level. It's a little heavyweight
                                  to use for production, but it's an easy way to get off the ground at
                                  the start.

                                  73
                                  Frank
                                  AB2KT
                                • John Melton
                                  Hi Frank, thanks for the info. I will be away on vacation for the next week but will get back to looking at this when I get back. Regards, -- John
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Oct 2, 2005
                                  • 0 Attachment
                                    Hi Frank,

                                    thanks for the info. I will be away on vacation for the next week but
                                    will get back to looking at this when I get back.

                                    Regards,

                                    -- John g0orx/n6lyt


                                    Frank Brickle wrote:
                                    > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, John Melton <john.melton@s...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > I have downloaded the Linux code and am currently working on this to
                                    > use
                                    > > a socket connection to receive the I/Q data, and also looking at
                                    > > implementing a GUI interface - possibly in Java.
                                    >
                                    > John --
                                    >
                                    > As far as the Linux code goes, it's pretty straightforward to
                                    > implement networked sources and sinks for jack data without programming.
                                    >
                                    > The hooks to jack are made using ecasound. The hooks from ecasound to
                                    > the network are accomplished by starting ecasound as a child of one of
                                    > the netpipes programs (hose or faucet).
                                    >
                                    > This all happens at the command-line level. It's a little heavyweight
                                    > to use for production, but it's an easy way to get off the ground at
                                    > the start.
                                    >
                                    > 73
                                    > Frank
                                    > AB2KT
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > SPONSORED LINKS
                                    > Shortwave receivers
                                    > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Shortwave+receivers&w1=Shortwave+receivers&w2=Ham+radio&c=2&s=40&.sig=MB4yUGINw9tizVKS3Upr0w>
                                    > Ham radio
                                    > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Ham+radio&w1=Shortwave+receivers&w2=Ham+radio&c=2&s=40&.sig=XNtLoznpXE_hqNE4dvfaHA>
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                                    >
                                    > * Visit your group "softrock40
                                    > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/softrock40>" on the web.
                                    >
                                    > * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                                    > softrock40-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                                    > <mailto:softrock40-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>
                                    >
                                    > * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                                    > Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    >
                                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.