SR-40 changes for Kenwood IF 8.830MHz

  • KD5NWA
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2005
      I ordered a pair of crystals at three different frequencies close to
      the Kenwood IF. One set on the high side, two sets on the low side,
      inductors, and trimmer capacitors to see which one is the easiest to
      be able to park the SR-40 so I can look at +-10KHz on the Kenwood
      radio without getting signals close to the baseband.

      When I get it figured out, I will let the list know which one worked
      the best, and we could then order a group buy.

      I ordered the following crystals;

      35.2512MHz, push this one 20.8KHz up, crystals are cheap, about $0.42 each
      35.3037MHz, pull this one 28 KHz down, about $4 each
      35.3280MHz, pull this one 56 KHz down, about $1.44 each

      Stay tuned, same bat time, same bat channel, but hopefully a
      different bat frequency. Now where is that frequency counter?

      Cecil Bayona
      KD5NWA
      www.qrpradio.com

      'Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then
      beat you with experience.'