Re: [softrock40] Re: multiple soundcards on win2k??

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 5, 2007
      From: "Chris Wiliams" <
      > As I commented in my original post, I have seen 2 live 24's working
      > together in a system based on win2k

      Sorry, I did not realise you were certain of this.
      The advice has always been to use different sound cards, I have never heard
      of two ordinary cards working together.

      In view of your comment I fitted a second SB24 to an XP system. It seemed to
      install OK and I could select either one for playback.
      However, I do not seem to be able to get the one Windows calls No2 to
      record. whether default or not. Device Manager does not allow IRQ(11)
      change, altering bios settings for the slots makes no difference.
      Therefore I have to agree that you are half right! One could use this for a
      Softrock. I've yet to see what Creative Device Manager does, it normally
      only sees one of a pair of different Creative cards. I doubt very much
      whether they could both be set to 96KHz.

      I wonder if the one you saw was using the Creative drivers or something
      else?

      Are the Linux drivers from Creative?

      Please let us know how you get on.