Re: [softrock40] SB Live 24 Sampling Rate

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2007
      Alan,

      Thanks.  I'll try reinstalling the card.  Have reinstalled the software several times to no avail.  Thanks again.

      Tim

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2007
        Alan,

        Uninstalling the software, and the soundcard and reinstalling both did the trick.  Wow, having 96 khz of sampling really expands the range.  I appreciate very much your response and suggestions.  See you on the air.

        Tim
        Ruidoso, NM

        >When I double click on DEVICE CONTROL in the CONTROL PANEL, I get the
        > following error message:
        >
        > An exception occurred while trying to run
        > "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32dl,Control_RunDLL
        > "C:\WINDOWS\system32\USBAudio/cpl",Device Control"

        I have not seen this.
        Looks as if it may be some sort of software problem.
        All I can suggest is to remove the card, uninstall the software.
        Restart the computer.
        Then fit the card again and reinstall the software.
        Lots of fiddling but it MIGHT work!
        Device Control is the only way I know to set 96KHz.
        However there could be something else conflicting.

        73 Alan G4ZFQ

      • k5nwa
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2007
          At 12:16 PM 12/2/2007, you wrote:

          >Alan,
          >
          >Thanks. I'll try reinstalling the card. Have reinstalled the
          >software several times to no avail. Thanks again.
          >
          >Tim

          Sometimes re-installing is not good enough, if there are some messed
          up registry entries then un-installing the software may leave the
          entries still in place to mess up the next install. Most un-install
          programs do a lousy job of getting rid of the entries it put in the
          first place.

          If you know what you are doing or you are a brave soul you need to
          edit the registries after the un-install and remove the entries for
          the SB card from the software section on the local machine. Steps 1
          and two are fairly safe, it's step 3 that can give you trouble if not
          done right.

          1. Remove the card and un-install the software.

          2. Run regedit, expand the local machine section, then expand the
          software section and delete the SB entry in it's entirety, that is fairly safe.

          3. Then stating at the beginning of the registry entries search for
          any entry relating to the card, this is the part that can be
          dangerous because you need to know at what level to delete the
          entries. The command is in the edit menu as "find", you keep
          re-trying (F3) until it can find any mention of the card,
          unfortunately I don't remember what I searched for, search for
          "Blaster" and see what happens. Sometimes you delete the one line
          sometimes you delete the whole section, it depends on what else the
          section contains, if it's just sound card stuff then delete the whole
          entry dealing with the SB if it contains information on other things
          just delete the line.

          A long time ago I had a similar problem with the SB Live 24 and that
          was the only way to bring it back to life, afterwards it installed
          and ran fine.

          You may want to try the step 1 and 2 they are fairly safe, step 3
          should be tried if you know what you are doing or are desperate. I
          must warn you, step three if done too careless could leave you with
          other functions not working right and no easy way to fix it. I work
          on computers quite often so steps one through three are not a problem
          for me, sometimes it's the only way to un-install some software that
          will not un-install by running it's un-install software. I have never
          harmed a PC doing this and I done it several hundreds of times, but
          I'm very careful and I have seen people totally trash the OS while
          doing step three and being careless.

          Cecil
          K5NWA
          www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com

        • Jim Miller
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 2, 2007
            i highly recommend ccleaner.exe for removing debris from the registry and
            the pc in general.

            free, works great.

            jtm