Re: [softrock40] Any news on 10m Rx/Tx?

  • w8iss@wideopenwest.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2007
      I am new to the Softrock Yahoo group and the Softrock radios in general.

      I am interested in one of the 10m Tx/Rx units also. Is there a place to
      sign up for one yet?

      Also, would like to know what software available for Linux users. Running
      Ubuntu 7.10.

      James W8ISS
    • k5nwa
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2007
        At 03:34 PM 12/1/2007, you wrote:

        >I am new to the Softrock Yahoo group and the Softrock radios in general.
        >
        >I am interested in one of the 10m Tx/Rx units also. Is there a place to
        >sign up for one yet?

        Welcome!

        There is no waiting list, otherwise Tony will spend more time on who
        wants what rather than getting the kits together.

        When Tony is ready to have orders on an item he will announce it on
        this list, at that time then the procedure is to send him money via
        PayPal or a money order to him. He does not keep track of peoples
        request for orders, either you buy one or you don't.

        Right now the unit is not ready, it's undergoing test, when he is
        ready he will announce it. In the meantime go to the groups page and
        there are some anouncements on how to order.

        I'm waiting for one also.

        Cecil
        KD5NWA
        www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com

      • kz5br
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 3, 2007
          Tony,
          Re your question on the 15m SoftRock Lite Kit, is there any "catalog" or web information
          as to what transceiver, receiver and accessory/option kits are available (or will be) on the
          SoftRocks? With all the revisions and bands that have been mentioned the last few weeks,
          haven't a clue what is available or will be available.
          Thanks,
          Randy

          On Nov 29, 2007, at 9:10 AM, kb9yig wrote:

          Good Morning All,

          It would be possible to provide a 15m SoftRock Lite kit at a price of
          $12 for US/Canada and $13 for DX where the kit price would include the
          postage cost.

          The 15m Lite would use 1/3 sub-harmonic sampling and would include an
          LT6231 for U5 to give an RX MDS around -116 dBm. The center frequency
          would be about 21.044 MHz and when used with a soundcard that can
          sample at 96kHz would give 15m band coverage from the bottom on the
          band to about 21.092 MHz.

          Also I am thinking about upgrading the 20m SoftRock Lite kit by
          changing U5 to a LT6231.

          Please let me know if there is any interest in a 15m SoftRock Lite kit
          or an upgraded 20m SoftRock Lite kit.

          Thanks and 73,
          Tony KB9YIG