Re: Daughter board on SR 15/17m

  • Paul Kiciak
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2007
      Hi Jose,

      >Can your give me some more suggestions.

      Not much. You could check voltages, I suppose,
      to see if they make sense. I don't know why
      the oscillator would quit with six turns.

      It seems that something is wrong since you
      report the frequency isn't stable but that
      depends on the range that you see too.

      As I say, I have had no experience with the
      17/15m kit so can't contribute much more.

      I did do a little work at 10m with
      a 112 MHz oscillation frequency. That had
      fewer turns yet and think I switched to an
      air core inductor. In any case, the oscillator
      shouldn't stop with six turns as you report,
      so it appears there is something wrong in the
      build.

      73,
      Paul N2PK
    • mikecol2
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 1, 2007

        > yes Mike...I got the unit working now.
        > It reads 84255.1KHz.
        > Very good.

        Excellent!! Mine ended up at 84251.38Khz after everything was solder
        up correctly :) Short crystal (marked 28.2C76) ended up at 84731.94Khz.

        73, Mike Collins KF4BQ
      • Jose Bonanca
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 1, 2007
          Fine Paul...
          I have the full unit working from a few minutes ago...
          I am already enjoying the band...Although its almost dead.
          Many thanks for your help.
          Won't forget that.

          Regards
          de Jose