Re: [softrock40] SoftRock 6.2 Lite 160M L1 info..

  • C WEAVING
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2007
      First wind the coil with a piece of cotton with the correct number of turns. Unwind and measure length of cotton. Add 1 inch and you have the correct length.

      I also hate wasting wire, and this obviously works for any coil.

      kb8aso <randallr@...> wrote:
      How much wire do I need to wind L1?? I hate to cut too much or too
      little and mess up the wire I need for T1. 3 feet? 4 feet? 5 feet?

      Thanks
      Randy AB9GO

    • Ulf Jonsson
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2007
        If you look at the RXTX you have a L1 that has 65 turns and it needs 33"
        so if you use 40 you are going to be fine.

        The other way is to use the free toroid calculator you can download at

        http://kitsandparts.com/toroids.php

        According to that you need 37"

        Ulf
        K1ULF