Re: Serial Interface Board

  • kb2xj
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2007
      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Parks" <raparks@...> wrote:

      > Hi Ray,
      >
      > The $5 Rocky 3.x serial interface module kit has a 9-pin D
      connector for the serial port connection on one end of a small
      circuit board. On the other end of the circuit board is a 3.5mm
      stereo jack for paddles input via the serial port. A connection on
      the circuit board provides PTT output to the RXTX board for near QSK
      keying or for PSK31 RX/TX switching. THe module will also work with
      the KGKSDR program.

      > Thanks for asking.
      >
      > 73,
      > Tony KB9YIG

      SOFTROCKs??????????????? I can;t seem to find a good look at this
      accessory anywhere.

      > Also current pricing.
      >
      > 73, Ray, N0FY

      Hi Tony

      If you do another run of these how abt a board with the paddle jack
      (isolated) on the same side as the DB-9. Would be useful for rocks
      put in a box. I had no luck finding panel mount isolated 3.5MM
      jacks, it was extra effort to isolate the ones available (panel mount
      non-isolated). A board mounted isolated one would be easy to install
      with the DB-9 keeping things in place (as if cutting a hole for the
      DB is easy, hi). Plenty of isolated PC jacks available.

      Jim - KB2XJ