15m SoftRock Lite kit

  • kb9yig
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 29, 2007
      Good Morning All,

      It would be possible to provide a 15m SoftRock Lite kit at a price of
      $12 for US/Canada and $13 for DX where the kit price would include the
      postage cost.

      The 15m Lite would use 1/3 sub-harmonic sampling and would include an
      LT6231 for U5 to give an RX MDS around -116 dBm. The center frequency
      would be about 21.044 MHz and when used with a soundcard that can
      sample at 96kHz would give 15m band coverage from the bottom on the
      band to about 21.092 MHz.

      Also I am thinking about upgrading the 20m SoftRock Lite kit by
      changing U5 to a LT6231.

      Please let me know if there is any interest in a 15m SoftRock Lite kit
      or an upgraded 20m SoftRock Lite kit.

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony KB9YIG
    • Bill Davis Jr
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 29, 2007
        Any news on 10m Rx/Tx? A bunch of us are waiting in great anticipation.

        Bill K0AWU
      • TDxSR40@tonev.co.uk
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 29, 2007
          Bill Davis Jr wrote:

          > Any news on 10m Rx/Tx? A bunch of us are waiting in great anticipation.
          >
          > Bill K0AWU
          I echo that sentiment. I would like to have a centre frequency 28.500
          MHz as my interest is not CW.

          Tony
          G4CJC
        • Tony Parks
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 29, 2007
            Hi Bill,

            The 10m/12m RXTXv6.2 prototype is in test at this date.  The RX function is playing properly with an MDS of about -120 dBm.  An issue with the TX image null is being worked on but hopefully will soon be resolved.

            I am hopeful of being able to proved 10m kits within a few more weeks.

            Thanks and 73,
            Tony KB9YIG
            Any news on 10m Rx/Tx? A bunch of us are waiting in great anticipation.

            Bill K0AWU

          • Mr John W Titmuss
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 29, 2007
              I would be interested in the 15m lite kit Tony

              Cheers

              de VK4JWT

            • w8iss@wideopenwest.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 1, 2007
                I am new to the Softrock Yahoo group and the Softrock radios in general.

                I am interested in one of the 10m Tx/Rx units also. Is there a place to
                sign up for one yet?

                Also, would like to know what software available for Linux users. Running
                Ubuntu 7.10.

                James W8ISS
              • k5nwa
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 1, 2007
                  At 03:34 PM 12/1/2007, you wrote:

                  >I am new to the Softrock Yahoo group and the Softrock radios in general.
                  >
                  >I am interested in one of the 10m Tx/Rx units also. Is there a place to
                  >sign up for one yet?

                  Welcome!

                  There is no waiting list, otherwise Tony will spend more time on who
                  wants what rather than getting the kits together.

                  When Tony is ready to have orders on an item he will announce it on
                  this list, at that time then the procedure is to send him money via
                  PayPal or a money order to him. He does not keep track of peoples
                  request for orders, either you buy one or you don't.

                  Right now the unit is not ready, it's undergoing test, when he is
                  ready he will announce it. In the meantime go to the groups page and
                  there are some anouncements on how to order.

                  I'm waiting for one also.

                  Cecil
                  KD5NWA
                  www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com

                • kz5br
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 3, 2007
                    Tony,
                    Re your question on the 15m SoftRock Lite Kit, is there any "catalog" or web information
                    as to what transceiver, receiver and accessory/option kits are available (or will be) on the
                    SoftRocks? With all the revisions and bands that have been mentioned the last few weeks,
                    haven't a clue what is available or will be available.
                    Thanks,
                    Randy