8 Buck USB2.0 Sound Card

  • Bruce K3CMZ
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2005
      I picked up this sound device with another order.

      It cost me 8 bucks, but seems it might have been the last one in
      stock.

      It is quite small 1.5" by 1.0" by 3/8"

      It has a mike input and a speaker/headphone output.

      It is USB 2.0

      It seems to work with the SoftRock40 and Rocky 1.3 (THANKS ALEX and
      TONY)
      but I don't have time to fool much with it right now, Santa and two
      grandkids.

      It uses CODEC CM108 and a search of CM108 will give more info.

      Also search for HE-280B for the device.

      The web site is www.cmedia.com.tw

      I got it from www.geeks.com

      This might be good for the laptops or demo at your meetings.

      It is not a Delta-44 type of sound card.

      Any questions will be answered with "I don't know"

      It will be next year before I know any more,
      if I can find out where I hid it,
      old age does not come alone.

      Have a Happy Holiday
      Bruce K3CMZ
    • josephlevy
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 9, 2005
        Hi all

        Looking at the data sheet for the C-Media chip -it is MONO on
        recording so useless for SDR (but good enough for digital modes use.
        73 de Joe.