Re: [softrock40] XOR divide by two clock driver

  • Lyle Johnson
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 1, 2005
      > ...I am not sure that a DDS output is quite as symetrical, so
      > it might not work quite as well unless the DDS output is properly low
      > pass filtered for the frequency of interest.

      This is missed in most implementations. A low pass filter for the
      highest output frequency is constructed, so the signal becomes less pure
      as the frequency of the DDS is lowered. After all, a low pass filter at
      30 MHz won't suppress any components below that, so an LO for 80 meters
      has plenty of opportunity for spectral junk.

      I suspect 1/2 octave filters would work pretty well in a continuous
      coverage application, otherwise bandpass filters for the band of
      interest would probably work very well as long as the band if interest
      is not too wide.

      73,

      Lyle KK7P