status of 5.0 kits

  • James E. Gutshall
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2005

      Does any one know the shipping status of the softrock 5.0 kits?

    • KD5NWA
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2005
        I've been working on a different way of generating a Quadrature clock
        for the SR-5 without having to change components over a wide
        frequency range. So far on Spice I can get very close to 90 degree
        (within +-4 degrees) quadrature from 3.5MHz to 29.5 MHz without any
        component changes. But this is a Spice simulation, sometimes reality
        hits you on the head.

        I will need to wire it up and see if it really works, I'll order the
        components in the next day or two. It is not a major component change
        compared to the present way so there are no additional chips to put
        in. But a -5 Volt supply is needed at very little current.

        Where it might get in trouble is if the oscillator does not put out a
        sine wave, which is not a problem if you are using a DDS board to
        generate the clock.

        At 11:43 AM 12/1/2005, you wrote:
        >Just thinking again............
        >
        >Since the Rocky program compensates for and corrects phase and amplitude
        >errors, has anyone tried to see if it's sufficient to where you can
        >remove the first divide by 2 FF ahead of the Tayloe detector (which was
        >in there to "guarantee" a 50% duty cycle for proper quadrature) ? That
        >would double your DDS range.
        >
        >73 Kees K5BCQ
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        Cecil Bayona
        KD5NWA
        www.qrpradio.com

        I fail to see why doing the same thing over and over and getting the
        same results every time is insanity: I've almost proved it isn't;
        only a few more tests now and I'm sure results will differ this time ...
      • Michael Blake
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 1, 2005
          And even more importantly (to me) what about the QXE board.  I am really anxious Tony :-)

          73 - Mike - K9JRI

        • brainerd@bmi.net
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 1, 2005
            I have a Tayloe Detector board that uses an exclusice OR in place of the first FF.
            When fed with one output of the IQ VFO (a AD9854), works great with SDR software
            and Rocky at 2X freq. Can get opposite sideband supression of 55 - 60 db.

            Dave - WB6DHW

            On 1 Dec 2005 at 11:43, windy10605@... wrote:

            > Just thinking again............
            >
            > Since the Rocky program compensates for and corrects phase and amplitude
            > errors, has anyone tried to see if it's sufficient to where you can
            > remove the first divide by 2 FF ahead of the Tayloe detector (which was
            > in there to "guarantee" a 50% duty cycle for proper quadrature) ? That
            > would double your DDS range.
            >
            > 73 Kees K5BCQ
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Bill Dumke
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 1, 2005
              Is the Exclusive OR to correct the duty cycle like with the QRP-2001?

              Bill WB5TCO