Fw: Re: Fw: Re: [softrock40] Re: My Dual-Band Version Softrock-40/30

  • windy10605@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2005
      That's exactly how I'm looking at it. For the normal tube superhets I'm used to, I'd be looking for the most narrow, lowest noise, highest "Q" frontend I could get my hands on    ...and it would probably be manually tuneable. For this SDR "direct conversion" stuff, with "fixed" (although
      pluggable) BPFs, I want to try some additional things and see what the "down side" is. I already have a pluggable BPF on my SR-40 and plenty of red cores. If it does not work, I'll go back to single band filters but I'm amazed just how well the existing 6.5-12Mhz BPF works, that's pretty broad.

      The biggest problem is getting rid of all the "spurs" off the DDS card.

      73 Kees K5BCQ