Re: SoftRock Kit Status, September 26

  • g7bvs
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 6, 2007
      Hi Tony,

      I recently built a SoftRock Lite (40m) which I purchased from Waters
      & Stanton here in the UK. Never having built anything using surface
      mounted components I had wondered if I would get it working but I'm
      pleased to say it did first time I plugged it into my PC.

      I have an eMachines E4024 and I'm using the onboard sound card. Not
      the best in the world but it seems to be OK at 48kHZ but won't work
      at 96kHZ.

      As this has fired my enthusiasm in Ham Radio after many years of
      neglect I would like to try building another one on a different band
      or even using it as the IF for a receiver working on 6m.

      I see that you had a number available but I couldn't find out how
      much they were, how to order one (or two) and how to pay.

      Sorry if you've posted these details before.

      73
      Nigel G7BVS (Gloucester)

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "kb9yig" <raparks@...> wrote:

      > Good Morning All,
      >
      > The RXTXv6.2 kits are now just about sold out with the following
      kits
      > still in stock:
      >
      > one 160m RXTXv6.2 kit,
      > one 40m/80m RXTXv6.2 kit,
      > five 40m/30m RXTXv6.2 kits and
      > two 20m/30m RXTXv6.2 kits with the daughter board kits.
      >
      > I am still uncertain at this date if there will be another run of
      the
      > RXTXv6.2 kits. Most of the interest expressed recently has been
      for
      > a 15m/17m kit and a 10m/12m kit. Examples of those two models are
      > are being built at this date.
      >
      > Other kits still in stock include about 180 SoftRock Lite kits that
      > may be set for ham bands from 160m to 20m or as IF kits for various
      > IF frequencies.
      >
      > Also in stock are over 100 of the Delta 44 interface module kits
      and
      > about twenty of the Rocky 3.x serial interface kits.
      >
      > If I do another round of the RXTXv6.2 kits, the kits will not be
      > available again unitl after October 22.
      >
      > Thanks to all for your interest in the various SoftRock projects.
      >
      > 73,
      > Tony KB9YIG

    • Fraser
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 7, 2007
        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "g7bvs" <g7bvs@...> wrote:

        > Hi Tony,
        >
        > I recently built a SoftRock Lite (40m) which I purchased from
        Waters
        > & Stanton here in the UK. Never having built anything using surface
        > mounted components I had wondered if I would get it working but I'm
        > pleased to say it did first time I plugged it into my PC.
        >
        > I have an eMachines E4024 and I'm using the onboard sound card. Not
        > the best in the world but it seems to be OK at 48kHZ but won't work
        > at 96kHZ.
        >
        > As this has fired my enthusiasm in Ham Radio after many years of
        > neglect I would like to try building another one on a different
        band
        > or even using it as the IF for a receiver working on 6m.
        >
        > I see that you had a number available but I couldn't find out how
        > much they were, how to order one (or two) and how to pay.
        >
        > Sorry if you've posted these details before.
        >
        > 73
        > Nigel G7BVS (Gloucester)

        Hi Nigel,

        I may be able to assist on this question as I have just purchased two
        Softrock RX's from Tony for delivery to the UK.

        There is a web page dedicated to the softrock kits that details what
        is available and at what cost. Look at the following url:

        http://www.softrockradio.org/node/49

        The page lists the usual 160m, 80,, 40m versions etc but I did not
        see much about the IF freq versions. I understand that Tony can
        supply several different IF freq versions but you will need to ask
        him via email for any specific freq your desire. I know that he does
        10.7 MHz. Standard Softrock RX Ham band kits cost $11 including
        shipping to UK. and are a bargain in my opinion :-) IF freq versions
        cost $13 including shipping.

        Payment is via a paypal payment to Tony's PayPal account which is
        detailed on the ordering pages. Just use the "send money" option in
        PayPay and enter Tony's email address. Then enter your Softrock
        requirements in the PayPal message box.

        Tony had my kits with me within a week....what a guy !

        I am most grateful to Tony and all those responsible for the Softrock
        project for making such a superb and reasonably priced kit available
        to the greater Amateur radio/SWL community.

        I have also purchased a Soft66DB2 kit from Japan for $20 delivered.
        Another nice SDR produced by a great guy. Look at:

        http://zao.jp/radio/sft66db2/

        He also produces the DDS-33 direct digital sythesiser at only $30

        http://zao.jp/radio/dds_en/

        Hope this helps

        Fraser