Re: [softrock40] Assembling the SoftRock v6.2 80m&40m RXTX kit

  • RAY
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 5, 2007
      Hi to All,

      I just received my 2 RXTX 6.2 kits and they appear to be very professional
      and well explained. I must admit as a 71 year old accomplished kit
      (standard components) and homebrewer that this is going to be the ultimate
      challenge of 2007 for me. It looks like fun and a source of great pride to
      put one of these kits together and I am looking forward to it - just hope I
      don't smoke the project.

      So in the spirit of 2007 - Thanks Tony for the challenge and opportunity to
      participate in this great project - I would never be able to design this and
      produce at the cost your are providing them at.

      73, Ray, N0FY
    • Len Warner
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2007
        At 6:56 pm ((PDT)) Thu Oct 4, 2007, aisea6 wrote:

        >There is a difference in component values in the BOM listing with
        >what is printed in the circuit

        Nope, not in mine.

        >e.g

        "i.e." - or are there more you are not telling us about?

        > BOM circuit
        >C37 3300pf 680pf
        >C18 470PF 220PF
        >[snip]

        What are you reading?

        Please ensure that your schematic and BOM filenames
        and titles match the band kit you are trying to build,
        i.e.:-

        <RXTXv6.2 40m 80m sheet 1 6_8.pdf>
        <RXTXv6.2 40m 80m sheet 2 6_8.pdf>
        "G0BBL-M0PUB-G8BTR 40m/80m RXTXv6.2"

        <RXTXv6.2 BOM 40m 80m 6_8.pdf>
        "Bill of materials for SoftRock RXTXv6.2 board, 40m / 80m Kit"

        >Is there an up date BOM or a circuit diagram regarding the component
        >values?

        I downloaded my copies virtually as soon as they were announced
        by Tony and they are June 08 versions, cf. the filenames: "...6_8".

        C18 = 220pF & C37 = 680pF - no need for an update there.

        >Please advice.

        There have been many SoftRock versions and hence a multitude
        of documentation titles - plus variations group members invent ;-)

        You need to keep your wits about you to be sure you are thinking
        and someone else is writing about the same SoftRock version.

        Regards, LenW
        --
        * Please interleave reply text and trim quotes not needed for context