What kind of PC for 96KHz operation?

  • qrper723
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2007
      Hi fellows;

      I've built 20m/30m Version RxTx but I can not expand the bandwidth
      as I expected before.

      Now my PC is hp-laptop nx6120(Intel Pentium M 1.73GHz with 512MB-RAM)
      and the sound card is E-MU 0202 on the USB port.

      Now the result is as follows;

      1)KGKSDR
      Only 48KHz can be avairable using ASIO4ALL,
      96KHz is hang-up and no answer (PC becomes freez).

      2)Rocky
      48KHz is works well.
      96KHz is ok but audible noise ocuures,can not operate.

      3)PowerSDR by Guido
      48KHz is works but can not set to 96KHz.

      I think there is a limitation for laptop PC.

      So I'm investigating another desktop PC.
      But so many PCs in the market and I do not make a decision.
      I select hp desktop which has a AMD Atlon 64x2 Dual 5200+,
      clock speed is 2.6GHz each.It's chap in Japan.

      But I wonder it is enough to run the above all SDR software
      with 96KHz or 192KHz bandwidth or not.

      Is there anyone who has a experience for proper specification
      of PC to run wide bandwidth?

      And I do not have a information about the difference between
      the "AMD 64x2 Core" and "Intel Core Duo".

      Any suggestions will be welcome for me.

      Thanks, ja9mat Hidehiko.
    • John Melton
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2007
        I am running an Edirol FA-66 at 192 KHz with both a Softrock RX/TX and
        an SDR-1000 on an Intel Dual Core with each core running at 3.4GHz. I
        also have 2 GB of memory.

        Works great on both Windows XP and Linux.

        Regards,

        John g0orx/n6lyt

        --
        John Melton
        Sun IT CTO Office

        qrper723 wrote:

        > Hi fellows;
        >
        > I've built 20m/30m Version RxTx but I can not expand the bandwidth
        > as I expected before.
        >
        > Now my PC is hp-laptop nx6120(Intel Pentium M 1.73GHz with 512MB-RAM)
        > and the sound card is E-MU 0202 on the USB port.
        >
        > Now the result is as follows;
        >
        > 1)KGKSDR
        > Only 48KHz can be avairable using ASIO4ALL,
        > 96KHz is hang-up and no answer (PC becomes freez).
        >
        > 2)Rocky
        > 48KHz is works well.
        > 96KHz is ok but audible noise ocuures,can not operate.
        >
        > 3)PowerSDR by Guido
        > 48KHz is works but can not set to 96KHz.
        >
        > I think there is a limitation for laptop PC.
        >
        > So I'm investigating another desktop PC.
        > But so many PCs in the market and I do not make a decision.
        > I select hp desktop which has a AMD Atlon 64x2 Dual 5200+,
        > clock speed is 2.6GHz each.It's chap in Japan.
        >
        > But I wonder it is enough to run the above all SDR software
        > with 96KHz or 192KHz bandwidth or not.
        >
        > Is there anyone who has a experience for proper specification
        > of PC to run wide bandwidth?
        >
        > And I do not have a information about the difference between
        > the "AMD 64x2 Core" and "Intel Core Duo".
        >
        > Any suggestions will be welcome for me.
        >
        > Thanks, ja9mat Hidehiko.

      • qrper723
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2007
          Hi John,

          Thanks for your information.
          Your PC's specification is excellent grade,I think.
          It may be adequate for all the SDR program.
          Now I understand the maximum level.
          Thanks, ja9mat Hidehiko.