Re: EMU0202 vs EMU1212M vs FA66 192Ksps RX and TX performance

  • mikecol2
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
      > It would be nice to be able to use the EMU 1212M
      > with the SoftRock or SDR1K and the PowerSDR software.
      >
      > Craig
      > KC2LFI

      Hi Craig,
      I glad you found the info interesting. I saw you post on the flex
      relector and Tim's response. I think he missed that I am using the
      EMU1212M on the RXTX version of the softrock. The EMU1212M is using
      the very high quality AK5394A A/D that I'm sure he is familiar
      with :)) I don't think this could be called a "cheap card" by any
      means.. Price is around $150 to get one of the best A/D converters
      on the market.

      He mentioned that it is only 2 channels. That is correct and I am
      using it for the I/Q TX and RX processing. For the base band audio
      (i.e. the other 2 channels) you can use any junk audio card you
      have. I am using the built in Realtek HD audio of my motherboard.

      I am using the supplied ASIO driver from EMU that works great on all
      the data rates.

      I have done some additional receiver performance testing and will
      try and post the results tonight. Quick summary:

      Excellent performance of 82db 3rd order dynamic range with close
      spacing (2Khz). Not many receivers can beat this (including the
      Icom 7800)!! Wide spaced DR is 91dB @20khz spacing.

      This softrock RXTX is one excellent product when hooked up to a
      great soundcard!!

      Mike Collins KF4BQ