Kit Orders

  • peterholvenstot
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
      How do I go about placing a kit order?
    • tomdrymon
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 8, 2007
        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "peterholvenstot" <peterh@...> wrote:

        > How do I go about placing a kit order?

        I have been monitoring your message for a response. I also want to know
        how to order.
      • Fraser
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 8, 2007
          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "tomdrymon" <tdrymon@...> wrote:

          > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "peterholvenstot" <peterh@> wrote:
          > >
          > > How do I go about placing a kit order?
          > >
          > I have been monitoring your message for a response. I also want to
          know
          > how to order.

          Please read message 14925.

          It should cover your question.

          Regards

          Fraser
        • mupi@wirelessbeehive.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 8, 2007
            > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "peterholvenstot" <peterh@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> How do I go about placing a kit order?
            >>
            > I have been monitoring your message for a response. I also want to know
            > how to order.

            Tony, if you are reading this thread, chalk me up as another interested
            party! I believe I saw a note about some additional kits being made
            available starting Oct 22, but nothing concrete on exactly how to order,
            or how many there will be, etc.

            Of course, if there is an RXTX based on the 7, then i might be more
            interested in that....

            ad7my
          • mupi@wirelessbeehive.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 8, 2007
              > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "tomdrymon" <tdrymon@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "peterholvenstot" <peterh@> wrote:
              >> >
              >> > How do I go about placing a kit order?
              >> >
              >> I have been monitoring your message for a response. I also want to
              > know
              >> how to order.
              >>

              > Please read message 14925.
              >
              > It should cover your question.
              >
              > Regards
              >
              > Fraser

              According to that post:
              "Payment is via a paypal payment to Tony's PayPal account which is
              detailed on the ordering pages. Just use the "send money" option in
              PayPay and enter Tony's email address. Then enter your Softrock
              requirements in the PayPal message box."

              Um, maybe I'm dense, but WHAT ordering pages would those be? I perused
              the link in that message to www.softrock.org, but I can't find any
              "ordering" pages there either. I do understand there has been some
              problems with that web site recently, so that may explain it.

              Also not clear to me is the actual status, and should I order before kits
              are available, to ensure my place in line, and so on...

              thanks for any input...

              ad7my
            • David L. Foreman
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 8, 2007
                >>> I have been monitoring your message for a
                >>> response. I also want to
                >> know
                >>> how to order.
                >>>

                >> Please read message 14925.
                >>
                >> It should cover your question.
                >>
                >> Regards
                >>
                >> Fraser
                >
                > According to that post:
                > "Payment is via a paypal payment to Tony's
                > PayPal account which is
                > detailed on the ordering pages. Just use the
                > "send money" option in
                > PayPay and enter Tony's email address. Then
                > enter your Softrock
                > requirements in the PayPal message box."
                >
                > Um, maybe I'm dense, but WHAT ordering pages
                > would those be? I perused
                > the link in that message to www.softrock.org,
                > but I can't find any
                > "ordering" pages there either. I do understand
                > there has been some
                > problems with that web site recently, so that
                > may explain it.
                >
                > Also not clear to me is the actual status, and
                > should I order before kits
                > are available, to ensure my place in line, and
                > so on...
                >
                > thanks for any input...
                >
                > ad7my

                Goto the groups home page, Which link is found
                near the bottom in each email you receive from the
                group, and I have copied it just below this.
                will see what I have copied below.
                The fourth line is How to order?, Click on that
                line.
                Dave
                Description
                The SoftRock-40 is a small, low-cost, good
                performing 40-meter "software defined radio"
                receiver that plugs into a computer USB port and
                delivers I-Q audio signals to the computer's sound
                card. It was designed by Tony Parks, KB9YIG and
                Bill Tracey, KD5TFD as an "SDR sampler project"
                for hams everywhere to easily try out software
                defined radio.

                This is the place to express your enthusiasm,
                ideas, experiences, modifications, extensions and
                maybe more ?

                Announcements
                Sep 26, 2007 Second round of RXTXv6.2 kits
                scheduled to start October 22
                Jun 17, 2007 Rocky 3.3 released
                May 20, 2007 RXTXv6.2 kit ordering now open [docs]
                May 10, 2007 How to order ?
                Dec 19, 2006 v6.2 SoftRock Lite receiver [docs]>

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                The rest of the links sniped.

              • mupi2k
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 8, 2007
                  --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "David L. Foreman" <davelf11@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Goto the groups home page, Which link is found
                  > near the bottom in each email you receive from the
                  > group, and I have copied it just below this.
                  > will see what I have copied below.
                  > The fourth line is How to order?, Click on that
                  > line.
                  > Dave

                  dave, that is somewhat more clear, and I guess it works for those who
                  are interested in the 6.2Lite kit. However, it doesn't answer my
                  questions about the RXTX. It appears Tony is going to have some
                  available (from the first link in the list of announcements on the
                  groups home page), but I haven't seen anything about ordering those.

                  I'm sure Tony is a great guy, but I don't want to order something that
                  isn't going to be available as predicted (and factors outside of his
                  control could easily influence that), or perhaps the "second round" of
                  kits that is scheduled to start shipping on Oct 22 is already sold?
                  Or perhaps if I wait 2 weeks there will be a 7-series RXTX or ???

                  I know this is all a bunch of volunteers who probably have better
                  things to do with their time (thanks Tony et al; I assume Tony isn't
                  doing this all by himself...), but some organization would be nice.
                  Even just a weekly status update, what kits are available, what kits
                  are available for ordering, and prices. A really simple method would
                  be to post a document with ordering instructions/prices and keep it
                  updated (even if its just reposting the same document so it has a more
                  recent date than May 10th :) ). Or, enable the database function of
                  the group, and store that information there. I have a couple of
                  groups I use the database for that sort of thing.

                  Another option, and yes, I can do this if it is a matter of needing
                  someone who can do it, would be to have an actual web ordering system,
                  an "official" web site, perhaps, where that's possible. Again, it
                  would make it clear what is available, what can be ordered even though
                  it may not be immediately available, what's sold out, and so on. The
                  point is to make it easier for everyone to know what's up. I would
                  have gotten involved/ordered a kit months ago if I could have figured
                  out what the story was.

                  m2cw...

                  ad7my
                • aisea6
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 9, 2007
                    I didn't have PayPal and Tony suggested i use Western Union.
                    I have just received my 2nd kit order.
                    For being in the Pacific a delay of say a week or so doesn't really
                    matter.
                    Assembling the kit is the challenge, so i suggest once you send your
                    payment, start printing the required information, get your fine tip
                    soldering, oscilloscpe, a good multimeter and the magnifying glass
                    ready.
                    Being into radio for a good part of my life i must say Q & I
                    signalling theory is somehting new for me in practice.
                    I have never seen so many components packed in a small board.
                    How exciting as this is where the fun begins and isn't it exciting
                    to know that there are many of us out there absorb in our own
                    thoughts of building the same kit.
                    It's a small world and i am proud to be part of the group.

                    have guys,

                    Aisea
                    3D2AA