Re: [softrock40] Re: 10.7 Mhz IF

  • Larry Roohr
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2005
      My oops. Thanks Ted.

      I'm doing the same thing here with an sr40 and a sp-600, making an SDB - 'software defined boatanchor'.

      Larry

      n2ted wrote:
      Hi Larry,
      Thank you for the reply.

      I do agree whith you in case of a SoftRock-40 kit. In this instance,
      the oscillator signal is divided by 2 twice so the xtal should be
      4*10.7Mhz.

      Unfortunately, I don't have a SoftRock-40 kit (and did not make that
      clear in my post). So I have the intention to feed the 10.7Mhz IF
      into the new SoftRock v5.0.

      In this case, if I understand it correctly, I don't have to use a
      42.8 Mhz xtal as sugested. A 10.7Mhz xtal should do it, just like a
      14060Khz xtal will do it for the 20M band.

      73
      Fernando, N2TED

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "larryroohr" <larryr51@c...>